I feel like crap.

Options
I didn't know it would bother me so much. I got down to 205 and then back up to 210 in probably 3 days. I just feel down, I feel heavier again and not good about what I've been doing. I only missed 2 workouts, and missed a couple of meals. I really need a breather. I got on the scale again today and I know I'm not supposed to but I hoped I would see 205 pop up. I want to cry. And I want to just give up! I've been working my butt off and I mess up and I feel like all that I've accomplished is just down the drain now. My day has be crap because this is all I can think about.

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It's actually not easy to gain 5lbs of fat in 3 days. It's probably water weight!

Also, are you weighing in at the same time of the day (preferably first thing in the morning after toilet), wearing the same thing? Weight can fluctuate a lot throughout the day.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    You're not alone there. I've gained a couple pounds in the past week. I realized I'm eating WAY too much sodium, so it's likely water weight on top of building muscle. I feel as if I've lost weight, though.

Hang in there. It's normal to fluctuate. Maybe TMI, but if it's that time of the month, you're likely going to gain a little bit!
  • hilarityensues
    hilarityensues Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't feel discouraged! Weightloss doesn't happen overnight, it could even be a month or more before you see some real results! So what if you messed up? Keep doing your best, eat healthy and make time for some cardio, or just try to stay more active in general. You can do it!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Don't let it hold you back! <3
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Don't put so much into what the scale says. You're working out, so did you do your measurements? You could be losing inches! 1lb fat = 1 lb of muscle, but you want the muscle! It's smaller, burns more calories, keeps your metabolism going. You should only weigh yourself once a week, and let the scale go. Are your clothes getting loser? Are you feeling the difference? This is what is really important. You didn't gain your weight overnight, and you're not going to lose it overnight either, but celebrate that you are doing this, and that this is a process. Don't give up. Keep on going. Weight fluctuations happen, but if you keep at this, you'll hit 205 and before you know it it will be 195, and it will keep going down. Give up now and you'll NEVER achieve your goal.
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    I made this same mistake last week! however i was weight at night after i had eaten and had seen as much as a 7lb difference and i too have been donw in the dumps about it however i just asked God to help me through it and get me back on track and I am slowly back on track..I drank 64+ oz of water each day making sure my body was hydrated and im slowly getting back on the eating correctly track and even though im not at my 218 that iwas a week ago..it was def not 7# gain like i though only like a (0.4) and that i can handle so just remember to breath, and know that all your hard work is not lost!!! keep your chin and a starting now its a new you!!!
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I gained back about a pound.. But that's because weight fluctuates while working it off. Plus, if you were drinking a lot of water it adds some weight on.

Stay in there and push through it. I honestly don't think anything else can help you out more than this website! Stay in there:heart:
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it...flucuations are natural and normal. I go up and down and up and down. All I really care about is that the general trend is downward.

If you give up then you will never get to where you want to go! Just keep on eating healthy, exercising, and sticking to your calorie goal as much as possible, and you will start losing again, for sure!
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Just breath. Take a step back. Pick a day in the first week of September that you're going to be focused again. I'm right exactly where you are (and at exactly the same weight), and sometimes you just need to take a step back and evaluate your next move. Re-Plan your plan :flowerforyou: and keep on going lady, cause we'll all get to our destination at our own pace.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My weight jumps all over the place. If I have a high sodium meal, I can easily be up 5 lbs. I am back down within a few days. Hang in there!
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    Just start over tomorrow. It's a new day. You can start fresh and new. Eat healthy and workout. Stay focused. It's ok. Don't beat yourself up over this.