Who here has been married more than once??

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
I've seen more and more people say they will never get married again.

I'm curious on your stance - never do it again? have done it again? would do it again?

I'd do it again with the right person. Although It's becoming clear he doesn't exist :grumble:

Replies

• dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Married only once to a guy who had been married previously. Been together 16 yrs this year - all good.

He had 2 kids when I met him and now I'm a 'step-nanna' !! Something I didn't imagine at this age!!

He was wiser 2nd time round but hopefully I won't have to try it a second time!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Married only once to a guy who had been married previously. Been together 16 yrs this year - all good.

He had 2 kids when I met him and now I'm a 'step-nanna' !! Something I didn't imagine at this age!!

He was wiser 2nd time round but hopefully I won't have to try it a second time!

Any children together?
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm sure he's out there somewhere...

In my opinion, marriage has become something of a joke. It's just like "dating seriously" with more legalities involved. Once you want to break up, that's what you do.

What's the point?

Edit: Despite my cynicism, I still do imagine myself getting married someday. My parents have been married 39 happy years, so I know it CAN work...it just doesn't seem to very often.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    "A second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience" - my second husband.

And, I'm his second wife.

We are both much, much happier together. :heart:
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Oh, I'm sure he's out there somewhere...

In my opinion, marriage has become something of a joke. It's just like "dating seriously" with more legalities involved. Once you want to break up, that's what you do.

What's the point?

I'm an accountant. Want me to answer that?? :laugh:
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    I originally got married at 21, despite everyone's protests, and then promptly divorced when he started getting physically violent. I swore I wouldn't get married again, and didn't really date much- until I met the right person. We've been married for 8 months now and it gets better every day. It's a leap of faith to get back into a relationship after a divorce... but there are still good guys out there :) Good luck!
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i'm in the same boat. i'd do it again. the longer i'm single...the older i get....the pickier i get. i refuse to settle. i much rather be alone than jump into something just because i'm afraid of being alone for the rest of my life. so my search for Mr. Right continues...and i continue to have fun with the Mr. Right Now's.
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    we have two daughters, 11 and 9. They love their older (half) brother and his son (my daughters' nephew!) - we work well as a blended family.
  • MeMe2grands
    MeMe2grands Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is my second and it has definitely been better the SECOND TIME AROUND! My husband has no kids and I have two adult sons from my first marriage. Together we have four wonderful grandchildren whom we absolutely adore :flowerforyou:
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm married currently to the boy I met at 18 :) We have one child together, we got married at (me) 21 and him 24. We hit a bump last year, spent 6 months apart working out personal issues but we are back and stronger than ever now.

My dad divorced from my mother when I was 6 months old, brought me up then married my teacher (!) when I was 6. He's still happily married to her now (I'm 29). No more kids though.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    i'm in the same boat. i'd do it again. the longer i'm single...the older i get....the pickier i get. i refuse to settle. i much rather be alone than jump into something just because i'm afraid of being alone for the rest of my life. so my search for Mr. Right continues...and i continue to have fun with the Mr. Right Now's.

You may be my soulmate.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    we have two daughters, 11 and 9. They love their older (half) brother and his son (my daughters' nephew!) - we work well as a blended family.

That's awesome :) I have a little dude, and I find dating those without kids to be slightly more challenging than dating someone that has a children of his own.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I am in the never do it again category unless Jon Bon Jovi suddenly finds himself single.
    Serioulsy I have been married twice and both were disasters for very different reasons. I don't see myself doing it again. It would take some sort of miracle to convince me.
    There are lots of wonderful men out there. The problem is they happen to be taken.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I've been married twice. Told my current husband that I would be a widow before I was divorced again and he married me anyways so I figure he's worth it :laugh:
  • Dreamingirl80
    Options
    After my first marriage, I felt like I never wanted to go down that road again. But... I waited and love found me again. I am very happily married now. My daughter from the previous marriage was 4 at the time, but he took us both as a package and never looked back. He legally adopted her and though she is now 10, we just had our first baby together 5 months ago. It's perfect. We always tell eachother that we had to go through the heartache and hurt to get to where we are and find the one we are destined to be with.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have only been married once, but my wife was married twice, so we have been together 20 years, so I am glad she did it again with me. I'm glad I have such an awesome wife :-) !!
  • lynnspittal
    Options
    3 times! A divorce, a death and now hopefully a successful marriage! ((17 years now). Biggest and most difficult issue out of all that are the step parent / child relationships! Not always easy. But worth the effort in the long run. between us we now have 8 grandkids and one on the way. Awesome stuff!
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    "A second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience" - my second husband.

And, I'm his second wife.

We are both much, much happier together. :heart:

I LOVE that quote!
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options

You may be my soulmate.

seriously...i might just start swinging that way. i've been told vag is the way to go
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am divorced once and in a 5 year relationship- he has never been married and doesnt have kids- i have one son.

I learned alot from my first marriage. I believe in marriage and my honey and I talk about it but he isnt rushing to get there and neither am I.

To some people being married is very important. To me not so much. My boyfriend and I have so much more together than my ex and I ever had. And we are both happy with the way things are.

Besides its scary when myself and most of the people I know are divorces or going through it