Optifast, anyone?

Options
Hi there. I am on day 2 of Optifast, as monitored by CONCI. I could use some support. I know the first couple of days are difficult, but I am admittedly struggling with hunger.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I would think if CONCI was supporting you, they'd have groups or someone you check in with, no?

I don't know anything about optifast. I hope someone stops in and can help you out.

Good luck!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    My mother did OPTIFAST back in the 80s and lost a drastic amount of weight in a short period. Didn't last though b/c she went right back to her normal eating after and gained even more than she's lost. If your profile picture is you currently I can't imagine that any sane doctor would have you on such a program. At least when my mom did it you had to be morbidly obese.
    Good luck.
  • michellesorace
    michellesorace Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey tapwaters! I’m on day 22 of Medifast. Maybe it’s similar??? What really helped me in the beginning is drinking a can of sparkling water like La Croix. It helps to fill me up so I wasn’t starving to death! Hang in there!
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    What are your stats and how much are you trying to lose? In general, very low calorie diets like Optifast should only be used on very obese people who are at imminent health risk if they don't lose the weight. It is not a sustainable or safe weight loss method for people just trying to lose some weight.