Food diary deleting

Has anyone noticed items on their diary deleting. If I am adding items to a meal (ie lunch) I’ve noticed on many occasions previously added items dropping off when I add new items. This is very concerning as it is taken off my daily calorie count. Luckily I have noticed it bit right now I can only add one item to my dinner entry. Has anyone else noticed this?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I've noticed items entering twice but none deleting. If I go to the home page, then back to my diary, it's corrected itself.

If your issue continues, put in a ticket at the help desk.
  • chris5602
    chris5602 Posts: 31 Member
    Thanks for the tip Lynda but it didn’t work on my iPad app.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Ugh, I’ve not noticed this happening ever. I exclusively use my phone and iPad for MFP.

I’ll be aware now that this is a possibility though. Although I generally keep a running total in my head too, so hopefully I’d spot any discrepancies 🧐
  • ryanmichaelhorn
    ryanmichaelhorn Posts: 13 Member
    Are you using multiple devices to view MyFitnessPal? Could be a syncing issue.
  • chris5602
    chris5602 Posts: 31 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up emailing tech support. The problem was the iPad version was old and is not supported. The phone is the version they have now. All is good. I was going crazy for a bit there.
  • J_Fabulous
    J_Fabulous Posts: 63 Member
    chris5602 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed items on their diary deleting. If I am adding items to a meal (ie lunch) I’ve noticed on many occasions previously added items dropping off when I add new items. This is very concerning as it is taken off my daily calorie count. Luckily I have noticed it bit right now I can only add one item to my dinner entry. Has anyone else noticed this?

It has happened to be and I assumed it was something I did. Glad to see I was wrong. It hasn't happened in a few weeks now.
  • evmcelroy
    evmcelroy Posts: 1 Member
    In the food diary, I regularly lose entries that I have entered earlier in the day. I am using the app on my ipad. I have been using the app for only a month, and this has been happening since I started using it. Even if I save the diary as if I am at the end of the day, the content may disappear when I use the app later in the day. Any idea why?