SAHMU 60 Day Challenge * Week 6* (closed Group)

Options

Replies

• losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!

Quiet day on the message boards. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and keeping up with the challenges. Please remember to update your daily calorie burn on the spreadsheet. Here's the link again for those who may have forgotten (cuz I know personally I have to search for it everytime! lol!) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Have an awesome night and hope to chat with some of you tomorrow :smile:
    Lynda
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Lynda,

Yeah it was a quiet day... Finally managed to be upto date on strength challenges atleast, but i doubt if I would really meet the calorie burn this week.. I still have three more days, but at the same time I cannot strain my foot... :-(
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    So I just had the BEST night ever. Went out for a girlfriend's birthday BBQ and it was a lot of people I hadn't seen seen in a good 4-5 years. I was saying hi to everyone and NO one knew who I was, when I said, "Michelle Mann..." everyone was like "NO WAY!! I would never have recognized you, you look so skinny!" Wow talk about a confidence boost! Not 1 person recognized me :)

That's the BEST! Congrats!!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Lynda,

Yeah it was a quiet day... Finally managed to be upto date on strength challenges atleast, but i doubt if I would really meet the calorie burn this week.. I still have three more days, but at the same time I cannot strain my foot... :-(

A goal is something you strive for; what's important is not necessarily whether you make the goal but the fact that you tried! I say way to go for hitting those strength challenges!!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Hi girls!

Quiet day on the message boards. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and keeping up with the challenges. Please remember to update your daily calorie burn on the spreadsheet. Here's the link again for those who may have forgotten (cuz I know personally I have to search for it everytime! lol!) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Have an awesome night and hope to chat with some of you tomorrow :smile:
    Lynda

Quiet (for me) 'cause it was a BUSY day (& if I focus on the computer too long, my kids always get into something....) ! Hope you are having a great weekend too!
    Amy
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    So here is my emotional challenge...

Many times my hubby used to tell me that I need to lose... But I would try to reduce for a week and give off... Probably I was never serious on losing... It was during the time of my b'day and I bought few tops for myself.. I wore them and saw myself in the mirror and i looked awful... Was just thinking..when did i become so fat, my tummy was looking ugly, it still is, but its much better... I wanted to wear my Indian dress, Sari... I always look better in sari, but this time i was looking so fat.. and my top was not fitting me.. It was stitched just 2 months before and its not fitting me... I was looking horribly bad...

I now realize why everyone kept telling me that I need to reduce.. Often I used to browse through other dancer's profiles and they look so slim and well maintained.. Curves are clearly visible.. Even I was the same at some point.. Now I don't look like a dancer at all...I have always been very emotional about my dancing... I like it so much and I don't look good on the stage anymore.. Of course, everyone appreciated the other day, may be cuz of my expressions and my presentation, but general audience what they first notice is the dancer's personality and I am so awful now...

So I promised to myself, that before I go back to India, may be for a vacation or something, I will get back to shape and people who criticized me on my personality will have no words to say this time...

I hope too that you make the decision to be healthy not for anyone else but for YOU; you are so worth that gift!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    A few NSV moments I wanted to share. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Went shopping with my super toned and fit girlfriend last nite. I've always been too ashamed to go clothing shopping with her b/c she takes such good care of her self and I felt so fat. Not that she ever judged me, she is way too sweet, in fact she has always been very complimentary of me, but still i was ashamed of me. Anyways, my work pants are all size 18 and slipping off my hips, and I have some big meetings coming up in the next few weeks so I had to get something that I wouldn't l have to constantly hike up. I called my friend and we meet at the mall. She hasn't seen me for a month and she was blown away by my progress! She was so proud of me! And even though I'm still way bigger than her, i was eager to have her help me pick new pants. I got a great deal on a few pairs of size 16 dress pants. Still bigger than I wanted to buy, but they were cheap and they fit well. In fact, as I was checking them out in the mirror, my girlfriend and the sales girl (who knew I had lost weight as well) were both raving about how good my butt and thighs looked.

And today I met my sister for coffee. She never gives me compliments. She usually just tears me down. Anyways, even she commented on how much smaller my butt is! yay!

Niiiice!! :happy:
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    For SA. 8/27/11
    CARDIO:
    Body Pump = 200
    Treadmill/ Running = 167
    NUTRITION:
    Under sodium = waaaay over (573 mg. over) :grumble:
    EXERCISE:
    50 Bridges

I am really irritated with myself: I went to a friends for a BBQ; things were going well until dessert... ugh! Let the completely unplanned/ mindless snacking begin! Not the day I wanted or planned; gotta really look into that why- feel like I let someone down... I guess it's about refocusing, learning, and moving on; tomorrow's another day (I will keep saying that until I believe it).
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Lynda,

A goal is something you strive for; what's important is not necessarily whether you make the goal but the fact that you tried! I say way to go for hitting those strength challenges!!

Well put Amy! Renu, like I said before you are doing an amazing job of staying motivated and doing what you can while your foot is in pain. You rock!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    I am really irritated with myself: I went to a friends for a BBQ; things were going well until dessert... ugh! Let the completely unplanned/ mindless snacking begin! Not the day I wanted or planned; gotta really look into that why- feel like I let someone down... I guess it's about refocusing, learning, and moving on; tomorrow's another day (I will keep saying that until I believe it).

I've been there too. I've always been a mindless snacker and a few weeks ago it snuck up on me and I was really mad at myself. I wasn't mad about the calories (actually I was still able to stay under) i as mad about the act of random eating when I wasn't remotely hungry. I beat my self up pretty good about it too. So i understand how you feel. If you don't mind, I'll share the philosophy I told myself when I started this new lifestyle 3 months ago :

Every day is a series of decisions. Each decision has the potential to be a positive or negative influence on my goal. What matters is that I try to make every decision a positive one; and that when I make a negative one, that I don't let it derail the rest of my day, week or goal. Every successful day is a series of successful decisions.

for me, telling myself that helps when I'm tempted. But it also gives me permission to mess up once and awhile and know that I won't derail my entire process.Cuz for me, being that I am an emotional eater, I used to diet really hard and then if I had one bite of something I shouldn't have, Id say, "well my day is ruined now! Might as well eat everything i've been depriving myself of and i'll get back on track tomorrow" except that when I did that, tomorrow never came and I would just gain back everything plus a bit and feel like a failure.

Light at the end of the tunnel? It DOES get easier!! I went to a movie with my fit girlfriend after we shopped the other day and since I had lots of room left in my diary for the day I bought some M&Ms. I figured I'd eat hte whole bag but after a small handful (maybe 10ish) I felt like I'd had enough. Too sugary. So I sat with the open bag beside me for 2 hours and didn't have a single one! The rest of the bag is now frozen in my freezer for the next time I need a little sweet fix. (also on a sidenote: Crazy Stupid Love = AMAZING! Actually laugh out loud funny. Did not expect that from the previews)

My point here is that while I understand being mad at yourself right now, don't lose hope and don't lose faith in yourself because it's really not the end of the world. A little dessert never killed anyone, all that matters is now is how you tackle all those little decisions today. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat
    Exercise - 50 bicycle crunches
    Done :smile:

Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 Bridges

Sunday
    Nutrition -
    Exercise - 50 skater squats - Done
    I didnt log today due to power outages and birthday celebrating. I know I'm over on carbs but I did the exercises. Sorry ladies :ohwell:
  • amyelizbradley
    Options

I've been there too. I've always been a mindless snacker and a few weeks ago it snuck up on me and I was really mad at myself. I wasn't mad about the calories (actually I was still able to stay under) i as mad about the act of random eating when I wasn't remotely hungry. I beat my self up pretty good about it too. So i understand how you feel. If you don't mind, I'll share the philosophy I told myself when I started this new lifestyle 3 months ago :

Every day is a series of decisions. Each decision has the potential to be a positive or negative influence on my goal. What matters is that I try to make every decision a positive one; and that when I make a negative one, that I don't let it derail the rest of my day, week or goal. Every successful day is a series of successful decisions.

for me, telling myself that helps when I'm tempted. But it also gives me permission to mess up once and awhile and know that I won't derail my entire process.Cuz for me, being that I am an emotional eater, I used to diet really hard and then if I had one bite of something I shouldn't have, Id say, "well my day is ruined now! Might as well eat everything i've been depriving myself of and i'll get back on track tomorrow" except that when I did that, tomorrow never came and I would just gain back everything plus a bit and feel like a failure.

Light at the end of the tunnel? It DOES get easier!! I went to a movie with my fit girlfriend after we shopped the other day and since I had lots of room left in my diary for the day I bought some M&Ms. I figured I'd eat hte whole bag but after a small handful (maybe 10ish) I felt like I'd had enough. Too sugary. So I sat with the open bag beside me for 2 hours and didn't have a single one! The rest of the bag is now frozen in my freezer for the next time I need a little sweet fix. (also on a sidenote: Crazy Stupid Love = AMAZING! Actually laugh out loud funny. Did not expect that from the previews)

My point here is that while I understand being mad at yourself right now, don't lose hope and don't lose faith in yourself because it's really not the end of the world. A little dessert never killed anyone, all that matters is now is how you tackle all those little decisions today. Good luck!:flowerforyou:

I like your philosophy; the thing I find so unsettling is that I have been very successful at changing my habits and taking control of my emotional eating; it scares me that this weekend I got such a glimpse of the "old me"... the mindless eating is so hard to not to beat yourself up about (because I've been able to eat consciously). I don't want to go back to the way I was; guess that's why I continue to log, reach out, and just pain try!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options

Oh and here's my side note on your side note...
    I have seen "Crazy Stupid Love" twice and laughed out loud both times! I so did not expect to like it so much! :laugh:
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat
    Exercise - 50 bicycle crunches

Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 Bridges

Sunday
    Nutrition -
    Exercise - 50 skater squats - Done
    I didnt log today due to power outages and birthday celebrating. I know I'm over on carbs but I did the exercises. Sorry ladies :ohwell:

No apologies, necessary! Tomorrow's a new day, right? Way to go on getting your exercises done!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Here's something I just read in a friend's blog; thought I'd repost (very appropriate for where I am right now):

"If you are going to be healthy, then you have to think healthy thoughts. If you are struggling with food, alcohol, caffeine, sugar or lack of energy to exercise, you must first look to the inside to see what is causing you to struggle. Many times it's things going on in our lives that keep us is a state of chaos and addiction."

So true! Thanks to Brandi for that insight!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

I hope you all had a great wknd! I know some of you are close to where Irene hit, I hope that all is well and that you weren't affected to badly by it. My thoughts are with anyone that has or knows someone who has been effected.

In other news, a new week brings new dedication. We've only got 2 days left in our challenge so let's all finish strong! Personally I woke up crazy motivated this morning and having already completed my 1st workout of the day, I'm looking forwad to my lunchtime walk. I'm gonna eat fast so as to squeeze in at least a 30 min powerwalk plus stairs.

NSV: the comments on my butt keep coming in! It seems like for so long no one was noticing my weightloss and this weekend everyone that I ran into was talking about my butt and thighs getting slimmer! I also overheard my hubby (whom isn't generally big on compliments - it's just not his style) raving to my brother in law about how hard I've been working and how proud he is of me. I was super glad to hear him say it - now if only he would learn to say those things to my face! lol! Either way, I feel so supported by my friends and family as well as all of my fellow SAHMUers. So thank you to each and everyone of you for supporting me along the way. I appraciate it more than I can say!

Lynda
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Hello SAHMUers!!

Just checked the calorie tracking spreadsheet and Team Pink is kicking *kitten* again this week! They are showing totals of over 15000 calories burned. WOWZA! Great job ladies!

To everyone else, we gotta pick it up before these gals leave us in their dust! :tongue:
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Ok girls! Tomorrow is the day we all need to tally our points. Karie left us with an intense challenge and I know it kicked my butt! Let's tally those points!

Report in here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGUxdVFLcVdiZmFOVmQzbmd1Y3RCOEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Week 6 Points = 16 possible per person
    Cardio-1 per person
    Strength- 7 per person
    Food- 7 per person
    Emotion-1 per person
    Week 6 Team point = 4 possible for Team(this goes in the Team point line)
    Your Team earns 1 point for each challenge the whole Team completed ( your Team only gets the Team Point for the strength and food challenge if everyone completes all the daily challenges.)

Any Week Picture Point=1 per person
    Anyone who posts a before pic will earn this extra point to add to there normal week points.

Highest Weight Loss Point= 1 for the Team with the highest weight loss for this week.
    Highest Calorie Burn- 1 point for the Team with the highest Calorie Burn

Can't wait to see how everyone did! Make sure to fill in your daily calorie burn numbers for the week as well so we can name the winning team Wednesday morning. Calorie Burn Spreadsheet can be found here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US

Lynda
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    I'll post the WEEK 7 Challenge tomorrow evening! I'm out of town tomorrow during the day so I won't be checking in much but I will sign on once I get home to post the next challenge. Have a great Tuesday everyone!!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!!
    I hope you are all doing great! I am still on my work trip but I couldn't stay away and I hope you are all keeping up with your workouts. We only have 2 weeks left of this challenge so lets finish it out strong! You all deserve this and I am so happy to have you all a part of this challenge. I will be back here on Wednesday to weigh in and I will be back to normal again. I have been working out every morning at 5:30 am at the gym here and then walking around all day at a buying show so I have burned quit a few calories but I have also consumed quit a few so I am nervous to see what the number on the scale reads.
    Have a great day tomorrow!
    Karie