♥ How do I get motivation lose 25 lbs?

Options
I have a 22, 18, 17,10, and 8 year old child, married, and I just can't get a grip. All just baby weight on top of pregnancy brain lol. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
SW 151
CW 146
GW 121

And please add me if you are feelin' me

Replies

• tiff8083
    tiff8083 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't know, when you find out let me know! I'm in the same boat! I have 2 kids and a very busy schedule, they come before myself. But I want to loose weight 😭.
    SW: 149
    GW:130
    But I seriously want to be 120 I just know I will never get there :/
  • markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just keep with it day by day. Write down your motivations for losing weight. Set a goal and just stick to it. If you stay persistent that 25 pounds will come off in no time.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    In my experience... motivation comes and goes. 25 pounds is not a lot. Just make sure that you don't gain, and once in a while you'll lose half a pound. Do that 50 times and you're finished.

Alternatively give a friend who has a high income and is slim $1000 with the requirement that you get it back at goal weight, or after say 3 years.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    You are here, you wrote a post to lose weight because you are motivated to. If you want that goal weight, you will make it happen.
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love yourself, be kind to yourself, have patience with yourself, be compassionate to yourself, and forgive yourself. Find a way to motivate yourself through loving who you are, you are a wonderful person; be good to you.
  • jgodden1
    jgodden1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am not good at pounds but after several trips to Florida with my kids put on 5 stone, a recent picture of myself inspired me and that’s what motivates me as when I lose will and focus I drag the photo back up to view. Under 2 stone to lose is easily achievable if you set your mind to it.
    So far I have list almost 3.5 stone sine Easter by counting everything and I mean everything that passed my lips. Every 4 weeks I have a day off and every 8 a weekend that way the goals seem shorter.
    Like you I have 2 older children uni age and one in primary and we started the nhs c25k together and are now in the final week running 30 minutes which I never thought we would do plus it gives me 300 calories three times a week, it may be something you could do with your youngest
    Good luck
  • willsundaydnd
    willsundaydnd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It’s tough, especially with split kid ages-I have the same age gap (24, 10,8) and my younger kids was much harder on me physically than my older son. You might want to broaden you weight loss time horizon-for me if it takes a year to lose a few pounds then that’s still progress given my time. I also focus some on relaxing/fun activities to keep my stress levels low.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids (12 & 9), working part time and studying full time.

I'll be honest - I am finding it hard, and have stalled in my progress at the moment, trying to get back on top of it. At the moment I am just keeping it simple - log my food, wear my fitbit, walk the dog. But some of it is falling by the wayside lately.

I have 6 weeks until I (hopefully) finish my diploma, then I should have a bit more time and brain space to focus on health.

I see we're at a similar place at the moment:
    SW 154
    CW 148
    GW 121
  • bigginsbengtson
    bigginsbengtson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I lost most of the weight I have from setting an overall large goal plus a 3-4 week goal. I also made sure that I was telling someone else how I did on that intermediate goal. It can just be some yahoo on mfp even. 25 pounds can seem like an eternity away when you do healthy weight loss, so sub goals help you see the light.