Is a 700 calorie diet healthy for weight-loss?

Options
Hi guys! I was just wondering if anyone knew if cutting 1000 calories actually helps to loose 2 pounds a week. I'm 5'2, at 150 pounds and I live a pretty sendentary lifestyle. I've been putting my info into calorie calculators, and they say I should be eating between 700-1200 calories a day. Does anyone know if eating under 1000 calories is healthy for this height?

Replies

• cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Rather than lowering your calories to compensate for your sedentary lifestyle - maybe move more?? I'm short too (5'4") - and although I realize it is not necessary to exercise to lose weight - I found that it really helped me. Once I got moving - I wanted to move more and more. Working out helped to keep me focused, kept me in a positive frame of mind so I didn't feel so "deprived". It's hard to plod along on 1200 calories/day - but I found that if I could burn 500-600/day w/ exercise - 1700 calories/day was a lot more doable. That extra 500 calories is A LOT!!!! (Couple of martinis - LOL)
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    There is some good advice on here. It is unusual to see so much agreement. Do read the links.
This discussion has been closed.