Help

Options
My wedding is a year away & I need to loose 30 pounds before April of next year ..

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

You can lose weight by April. Depending on your adherence and stats you might even lose 30 pounds in that amount of time. Try not to stress over it though. Keep things as simple, easy, and sustainable as they can be.
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Stick to the plan, make sure you’re in a moderate calorie deficit and you will succeed!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Emmababy49 wrote: »
    My wedding is a year away & I need to loose 30 pounds before April of next year ..

Hire someone!

What? Hire someone to stand in for her at her wedding? Hire someone to eat all her food while she just watches? Hire someone to tell her what to eat and stay with her 24 hours a day right up until her wedding?

Not only is your suggestion glib and unhelpful it’s too ambiguous to make any sense whatsoever! 🙄

As other, more helpful, people have said, set a reasonable target, eat within that and you should be able to get to your wedding still sane and somewhat lighter than you are now, even if the 30 pounds is not quite reached, because life is life and planning weddings is stressful!
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Timelines are always difficult for me, because if I don't meet that goal I feel like a complete failure. What a bummer! So just see whether you can lose 4 to 5 pounds a month, and when your wedding is close make sure your dress fits comfortably. If it's too tight, find a tailor to adjust the fit. Don't starve yourself the day of the wedding: you don't really want to faint during the ceremony and reception. Congrats on your engagement and wedding date!