MINI GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE 8/28-9/3

Options
MINI GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems to overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

FOR THE WEEK OF: August 28 to September 3, 2011

Choose one of more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It’s could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!
Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week? All are welcome!

Replies

• MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Goals for the week:
    1. P90X everday!
    2. Get in 3 non P90X workout's in
    3. Bring my lunch and snacks to work everyday

Good luck everyone!
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'll bite.

1.) walk 3 days a week, 1 hour a day.
    2.) avoid the ryes n cokes.
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yay! The new thread is up.

Here are mine:
    1. Get in week 2 of Chalean Extreme.
    2. Repeat last week's success with packing lunches for work.
    3. Survive the weekend with the entire in-law clan and manage to find semi-healthy choices as they insisted we have nothing to do with menu planning.
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    My goals this week are:
    Excercise everyday
    Consume 1000 to 1400 calories everyday
    Research and have a plan for every possible place that I go out to lunch with coworkers on Thursdays, so that I don't encounter any problems (and stick to it)
  • aim2lose
    aim2lose Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Goals:.

1. 10 - 8oz. glasss of water each day
    2. No food after 8pm
    3. Exercise each day. Plus walk a minimum of 1.5 miles the nights I don't have class.
    4. Article exercise with the dog at least once each day.

Most of these are a repeat from last week but it is good to hold me accountable until I get in a better habit.
  • chinamonkey
    chinamonkey Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    yeah go on!

1)drink more water REGULARLY - i have some days where i drink about 1.5-2 litres and other days it will be two coffees!
    2) work out for at least 20mins EACH day - easier said than done with a short-napping 1yr old and working 3 days a week
    3) get back into the routine of cooking loads of veg again!
  • Ittee
    Options
    Welcome Sabrina and China, good luck to your goals.

I want to modify mine some. I already researched the possible places we go to on Thursday lunches. So I want to continue to stick to the plan of eating out attack. But I'll try to continue to make wise decision a day for my health and wellbeing on the other days as well.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am going out of town next weekend for a family wedding. I already have been invited out to dinner on Saturday night-Mexican:huh: However, I can look for grilled food, avoid the chips and salsa and enjoy!

So my goals this week are:

1. Exercise 5 times this week

2. Reduce sodium by 15%

3. Stay within my calorie limit

Hoping everyone has a great week!
  • ewegner
    ewegner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ok this is my "Get back on track week"...

1. Do Wii Ea Active 3x this week
    2. Run at least 2-3 days and/or 6 miles
    3. Stay under my calorie goal EVERYDAY

Thanks for starting this post - I hope this is my way to get back in the game :)
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are: 1) continue logging every day 2) three workouts this week and 3) drink more water :smile:
    Thanks for continuing this challenge! :happy:
  • Ittee
    Options
    Welcome back 10more, love the picture by the way. Is it your dog (or just a pic of an adorable dog)?

eweger- I love the wii. How cool to see a goal from this!

mrogers- on Thursdays my coworkers occasionally go Mexican. I've decided to get what I always want, but order a to-go box at the same time and put half of it away for dinner. Mexican food is not easy to go lower on calories for me, good luck!

My check in:
    Excercised today!!
    Stayed within my limits, even going out to eat with my dad. I researched the nutritional menu online before going out since I knew in advance where I was going.
    Researched and have planned all the possible places. Wrote my food choices in my phone with calories and all are under 1000 sodium (hard to do eating out).
  • MAK_01
    Options
    SabrinaK1986 – Welcome to the group! You have picked some great goals. Good luck to you this week. Check in as little or as much as you would like.

Ladygloria – my dear MFP twin :smile: So glad you are back. How Chalean treating you?! Good luck with the weekend!

Lttee – Great idea for researching your Thursday meal before you head out! Way to be prepared. Good luck with the sticking to it part as well! Nice job with your check in today. Looks like you did a great job eating out!

Aim2lose – So glad you are back! Hope you are enjoying this thread. I agree with repeating goals until they become a habit and something you don’t have to think about. Good luck getting the training everyday.

Chinamonkey – Welcome to the thread! Good luck with your goals. Must be tough to get work outs in with a 1 year old that takes short naps and working. Sounds like you are BUSY!!!

Mrogers – Good luck with your dinner out Saturday… chips and salsa are a major weakness of mine. Have fun at the wedding next weekend.

Ewegner – YAY for getting back on track… it’s my back on track week too. I had a REALLY rough start to last week, so I’m hoping to get this week off with a bang. We can do it together. Enjoy your Wii time… I love the Wii, it makes working out SO much fun.

10more – Glad you are back! Happy to keep the thread going, hope it’s as helpful to you as it is to me! Keep up all your hard work, you are doing great. I agree with Lttee I really like the picture of the dog, what a cutie!

My check in
    1. P90X everday! - DONE
    2. Get in 3 non P90X workout's in - went for a bike ride today.
    3. Bring my lunch and snacks to work everyday - well that will have to wait for tomorrow.

I've added a
    4th goal - daily check in - do as great of a job with the checkin's as ladygloria did last week :happy:

Have a great week everyone. Let's have a GREAT week!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Goals for the week:

- Mindful eating
    - Log
    - Keep the water up
    - Quit beating myself up for not doing everything perfect in life...
    - Bed by 10pm weekdays, 11pm weekends

Looking forward to a positive and terrific week for us all :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Goals for the week:

Log, log, log!
    Enough Water!
    Bed by 10pm weeknights, 11:00pm weekends!
    Movement everyday
    Mindful eating!!

Looking forward to a positive and terrific week for us all :flowerforyou: :heart:

Welcome back HeartsDesire! So glad you are back in for another week I love your support and the great attitude you bring to the thread.
  • arailling
    Options
    Ok. So, I've never participated in any of the challenges, but I want to give it a shot. I think I need the support & challenges, to get back on track. So, here it goes...

1) Drink at least 6 glasses of water, every day (1 canteen by noon, 2nd canteen by 4pm...and water with Dinner)...I think my canteen holds about 22-24 ounces of water

2) Track food EVERY Day...Monday-Saturday (no promises for Sunday, since it's my daughter's birthday party)

3) Make lunches for work all week

Wish me luck..i need it :(
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Ok. So, I've never participated in any of the challenges, but I want to give it a shot. I think I need the support & challenges, to get back on track. So, here it goes...

1) Drink at least 6 glasses of water, every day (1 canteen by noon, 2nd canteen by 4pm...and water with Dinner)...I think my canteen holds about 22-24 ounces of water

2) Track food EVERY Day...Monday-Saturday (no promises for Sunday, since it's my daughter's birthday party)

3) Make lunches for work all week

Wish me luck..i need it :(

Welcome arailling glad you found our little mini goals group! We are a super supportive group and it's a great place to go wether you make your goals or not, we are here for each other no matter what. Check in as little or as much as you would like. Good luck with your goals this. You CAN do it!
  • casiannrn
    Options
    1. Check in every day on MFP and log my calories
    2. Walk 20 minutes every day even if I walk slow
    3. Drink 4 to 6 glasses of water per day
    4. eat 3 healthy meals and 1 snack daily.

My first day on plan is Monday.
  • icandoitgood
    Options
    I'm in!!!!!

1. Rollerblade 3x this week.
    2. Drink five 16oz water bottles everyday.
    3. Walk 20 min after every meal.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I want in! The weekly challenge, one week at a time should be easier to handle. My current goal is to lose 34 lbs before I turn 34 in January. I started at the end of June at 170.4. So far I have lost 14 lbs but I have hit a plateau and it is a little discouraging, this along with my Aunt's visit I am not making healthy food choices and am not pushing myself as I should in the exercise department.

Week of 8/29-9/3 Goals:
    1) Drink 8 cups of water each day
    2) Work out 30 mins each day, rotating cargio and strength
    3) LOG, LOG, LOG