I have a good body

Options
RevGym2
RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
I saw someone post on here today and it’s a question “why a good body?“

There could be several reasons but mostly you want to feel good about yourself and have sunshine throughout the day.

I’ve been told that I have a very good body. Some may argue “yes but that’s just your mom talking” but I work hard at it and I know if people want to follow my routine they too would have a great body.

So don’t question why you should have a good body, just work to get one!!

Replies

• Teenybudda
    Teenybudda Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If your opinion dear fitness guru, what is the perfect body to strive for?
    Also, could we please have a picture of your forearm for inspiration?
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    The sun already shines out of my *kitten* thanks
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    When I have a good body, do you think Jason Momoa will marry me?
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

Only if Lisa Bonet lets him
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous. My parents, my mom specifically, made fun of my body growing up. To be fair, I was very obese. But still, didn't really inspire confidence.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    I'm jealous. My parents, my mom specifically, made fun of my body growing up. To be fair, I was very obese. But still, didn't really inspire confidence.

I’m sorry she did that. That was wrong of her no matter what. Your body is a gift and I’m glad you’re taking care of it.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Your mom also said that I have a “very good body”. She scared me a little.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options

She's a twig. I could take her. 😇
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

She's a twig. I could take her. 😇

😂
  • mattig89ch
    Options

I’m sorry she did that. That was wrong of her no matter what. Your body is a gift and I’m glad you’re taking care of it.

Yea, goal was to try and get me to feel bad about being overweight, so that I would go outside and be more active.

Her motivations were pure...or I think they were. Just the execution was...off
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

Yea, goal was to try and get me to feel bad about being overweight, so that I would go outside and be more active.

Her motivations were pure...or I think they were. Just the execution was...off

You’re very compassionate in your interpretation and probably right.
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options

Everybody will agree that how you were treated was wrong, but the good news is you are a grown man now brother, only you control who you are and what you will be, set your goals, dedicate yourself to them, achieve them and then reap the rewards !
    I haven't been on MFP long, but I have seen all the support you can ask for from these people here, I know all about positive motivation and there is plenty here when you need it.
  • mattig89ch
    Options

Everybody will agree that how you were treated was wrong, but the good news is you are a grown man now brother, only you control who you are and what you will be, set your goals, dedicate yourself to them, achieve them and then reap the rewards !
    I haven't been on MFP long, but I have seen all the support you can ask for from these people here, I know all about positive motivation and there is plenty here when you need it.

Thanks. Sadly, I still live with her. LI, NY. 3rd most expensive place to live in the continental US. Need to have an income of 60k for freaking studio apt. 80k, for a multi-room place.

That said, she might be part of my motivation to lose weight. Down 85 lbs so far. Aiming for that 100 mark. purley for bragging rights.
  • mattig89ch
    Options
    Srry all, didn't mean to derail. my bad
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    tenor.gif