I can't do it! I can't live with hunger

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm rarely hungry with my approach. Best of luck finding an eating pattern than suits you.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Florida man.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    [
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Ohh wow... look at the woo's...

its ok @psychod787 you will always get hugs from me :D
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    You know you have my heart @LivingtheLeanDream ! Some people just hate to hear the truth! Lol hugs my pretty Irish girl!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Ohh wow... look at the woo's... would you like me to post the research to back up my statement? Or is it that westerners are kinda soft, hmmm. Tough luck... we are. Hunger has been my constant companion for 2 years. Not the oh... my stomach is growling I need to eat, but that pain in your gut that feels like someone is trying to cut it out. The current low level thud i have now is an upgrade. No where near the people who live and have survived famines though. Mine has been my own doing. I am harder now, but nowhere as hard as those folks. Oh and OP, my question is, what are those 15lbs worth to you? Are they "vanity" pounds? Or, are they "health" pounds? Because anything you do to lose them, you will have to maintain to keep them off.

The "Woo" reaction is going to be removed soon: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759987/woo-to-become-disagree/p1

You posted something interesting on another thread about people on controlled diets, increased protein, decreased hunger, and weight loss - maybe repost it here?

Okay, come do my best Ace Ventura impression. To backup my statement I'll say these things. First off, when one looks inside the studies of high protein diets, one sees a spontaneous reduction of calories in obese individuals by 600 to a thousand calories a day. That is when protein is around 30% of total calories. If one looks inside of bland liquid diet studies, there is a reduction in calories to near starvation level diets with no hunger. Inside Kevin Halls most recent study on processed vs. Unprocessed diet, people on an unprocessed diet, the lower reward value, ate an average of 400 calories a day less than people on a process diet. N equals 1 experience, as well. I also work in a highly controlled environment, where food and activity are controlled as close as one can get, outside of a research setting. I have seen men go from 400 lb to 240 lb with little hunger issues. The diet that get is actually very healthy. It's high in fruits vegetables beans lean meats with some added fats. It does not taste very good, so far less rewarding than what they had on the outside. Most of the people, have to get jobs that require activity. Is all this coincidence? Possibly. I think it lines up with many of the Rat and monkey studies I've seen as well.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Finding macros that lets me never go hungry 5 years ago at the age of 63 has been a positive game changer for me and my family. The more my health recovers the happier they are. Seeing me lose 50 pounds and keeping if off for 4 years now and eating all that I want to keep from getting hungry is encouraging to some others.

Keep in mind "Woo" from an anonymous profile posters carries no provable value where it is meant in a positive or negative way.
  • KimberlyCapone
    KimberlyCapone Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Two things jump out at me in your post.

1. Your protein intake early in the day is low. I'm guessing that unless you are having a lot of protein at dinner, this is part of your problem. Try getting each of your three meals to contain about 30g protein each and about 10g fiber in each meal.

2. Then, either leave yourself a small calorie amount for an after dinner treat, or delay your last meal until it's close to bedtime. If I eat my dinner and then have a small treat and go to bed within 2-3 hours, I'm good. If I try to stay up for more than 4 hours after dinner I'm going to be hungry. So get your meals planned, time-wise.

I came here to say the same thing... you need more protein!
  • dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Lots of great advice here! I am having similar issues (gained 15 with late night eating) so I am plan to shift my big meal to dinner and add protein snack for bedtime. Carbs before bed are not my friend, tempting though they be!