Peanut 1/2 cup calories

Options
Would the peanuts on the left side be the same calories in 1/2 cup as the peanuts on the right side? I’m quite confused, since both of them have the same nutrition.

Besides the left-side having 40 pieces, and the right-side having 1/4 cup.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    They both say 1oz, so I would expect a 1/4 cup (not a 1/2 cup) to be the same. If you have one, a scale is more accurate.
  • fickleee
    fickleee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ahh thank you! So if I each do 1/4 cup, they’d be an overall same to 1/2?
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    According to the label, they both have 160 calories in 28g. One simply tells you that 28g is about 1/4 cup, and the other is giving the estimate of 40 peanuts. So both are about 320 calories in 1/2 cup.

However, I highly recommend using a scale to weigh calorie dense foods such as nuts, instead of measuring by volume, as small inaccuracies in measuring via counting or measuring cups can make a big difference in how many calories you are consuming.
  • fickleee
    fickleee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!❤️
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    fickleee wrote: »

Use a food scale. Both are the same number of calories per serving in grams. Besides, measuring cups are not accurate because you can have more or less food in the cup depending on how tight you pack in the ingredient. Weighing removes that variation.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    fickleee wrote: »

No, 1/4 cup is the same as 1/4 cup. Are you asking if 1/4 + 1/4 = 1/2?