Are You Focused?

Options
Today...
right now...
you are going to war.
You are going into war with your opponent.
You are going to war with yourself.
You are not scared, you are prepared.
You are not weak, you are a machine.
A freak.
Are you focused?
I AM FOCUSED.
I AM FOCUSED.
I AM FOCUSED.

Replies

• susan5481
    susan5481 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Can't see the wood for the trees 🙄
  • J_Fabulous
    J_Fabulous Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @susan5481 Please reach out to me if you need help. My helping others keeps me motivated and on the path to my goals. Also, I'm in the process of writing a blog to motivate myself. I hope will inspire and motivate others as well.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    J_Fabulous wrote: »
    Today...
    right now...
    you are going to war.
    A freak.
    Are you focused?
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.

I've watched paint dry. Does that count as focus?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Yes, I’m foc-
    -oh look, a squirrel!

Name checks out.
  • J_Fabulous
    Options
    Today...
    right now...
    you are going to war.
    A freak.
    Are you focused?
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.

Only if your goal was to will the paint to dry. B)
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Today...
    right now...
    you are going to war.
    A freak.
    Are you focused?
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.

You may have the skill set needed for a career in law.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I refuse to be at war with myself.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    Today...
    right now...
    you are going to war.
    A freak.
    Are you focused?
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.

I saw this the other day, checked out your blog as well, but I didn't want to post a smart alek reply because I'm partially onboard with where you're coming from, but I personally view things a bit differently. I do like the part about wanting to motivate and help others, but here's my personal spin.

you are going to war. I accomplish more during peacetime.
    You are going into war with your opponent. It took me decades to make peace with my friend in the mirror.
    You are going to war with yourself. See above. That dude in the mirror has my back today.
    You are not scared, you are prepared. Preparation is always good.
    You are not weak, you are a machine. I am a flesh and blood man who has outlived, and wrecked many machines.
    A freak. Maybe. I am 2 days shy of 60. I am a Husband to an incredible woman, a Father to 3 amazing daughters, and a very proud Grandfather of 5. I am also a disabled American Veteran who is very fortunate to be able to live normally and productively in spite of any small physical challenges I have.

I have some regrets, but I have zero bitterness. I have fought, literally, for family and friends, do my absolute utmost to never denigrate another human being, and thank God each and every day I wake up, because I shouldn't have lived this long. All of that might make me a bit freakish in today's world. Not my call lol.

Focused? Laser sharp. Every day :)

Signed,

Love being Human.

I’m so mad I can only like this once. It’s beautiful.

OP-I never made progress on anything in my life or existence until I made peace with myself. Imagine all that energy wasted warring and fighting against yourself being devoted to positive growth instead. Shazam!

• J_Fabulous
    Options
    Today...
    right now...
    you are going to war.
    A freak.
    Are you focused?
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.

I saw this the other day, checked out your blog as well, but I didn't want to post a smart alek reply because I'm partially onboard with where you're coming from, but I personally view things a bit differently. I do like the part about wanting to motivate and help others, but here's my personal spin.

You are going into war with your opponent. It took me decades to make peace with my friend in the mirror.
    You are going to war with yourself. See above. That dude in the mirror has my back today.
    You are not weak, you are a machine. I am a flesh and blood man who has outlived, and wrecked many machines.
    A freak. Maybe. I am 2 days shy of 60. I am a Husband to an incredible woman, a Father to 3 amazing daughters, and a very proud Grandfather of 5. I am also a disabled American Veteran who is very fortunate to be able to live normally and productively in spite of any small physical challenges I have.

I have some regrets, but I have zero bitterness. I have fought, literally, for family and friends, do my absolute utmost to never denigrate another human being, and thank God each and every day I wake up, because I shouldn't have lived this long. All of that might make me a bit freakish in today's world. Not my call lol.

Signed,

Love being Human.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog/profile and respond thoughtfully. I agree with everything you said. I guess I'm not going to war with myself so much as I am my addiction to food. It is very hard for me to exercise and make good food choices. I suppose I am weaker and therefore need stronger language to motivate myself. But I appreciate your perspective. The whole reason I'm trying to change my life is because I no longer hate myself. I love myself.

The true warrior fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
    ― G.K. Chesterton
  • J_Fabulous
    Options
    I am also a disabled American Veteran who is very fortunate to be able to live normally and productively in spite of any small physical challenges I have.

Also, thank you very much for your service and sacrifice. The world needs more men like you.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Today...
    right now...
    you are going to war.
    A freak.
    Are you focused?
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.

Signed,

Love being Human.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog/profile and respond thoughtfully. I agree with everything you said. I guess I'm not going to war with myself so much as I am my addiction to food. It is very hard for me to exercise and make good food choices. I suppose I am weaker and therefore need stronger language to motivate myself. But I appreciate your perspective. The whole reason I'm trying to change my life is because I no longer hate myself. I love myself.

The true warrior fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
    ― G.K. Chesterton

@J_Fabulous and thank you for your service as well sir. It's a good day when individual perspectives can work well together, and I applaud what you're doing and pressing forward towards. Keep fighting the good fight brother. :)

I'm probably not going to be posting much going forward, simply for personal reasons as I spend too much time on the web and not with family and friends, but I'll keep some well wishes out there for you. You have certainly "got this".
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    Wow, look what I've stumbled on.. I think I'm at home here, just what I need :)

This week I am focusing on my goals.
    Priority goal is good sleep.
    30 min heart rate raise excercise,
    drink 2ltrs water.
  • J_Fabulous
    Options
    Alzzi_2 wrote: »
    Wow, look what I've stumbled on.. I think I'm at home here, just what I need :)

drink 2ltrs water.

These are great goals! It is much better to have actionable goals that you have control over than a vague goal of "lose 2 pounds" or whatever it is in your country. And I love the fact that you only have a few manageable goals rather than a big list. Focus on small habitats you can do daily like the ones you mentioned above. I'm so proud of you for being on this journey.
  • Alzzi_2
    Options
    Today...
    right now...
    you are going to war.
    A freak.
    Are you focused?
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.
    I AM FOCUSED.

I wasnt today,.. texting while on my walk.. I better not say anymore, it was embarrassing 🤦🏻‍♀️ teach me a lesson
  • Alzzi_2
    Options

drink 2ltrs water.
    [/quote]

Drinking water, is the hardest in cold weather, let a lone drinking 2 or more ltrs.

Sleep wasnt the best last night. It's also taking it's time to get into shape, especially with teenagers that fight to do otherwise. (Technology stuffs up alot of routine, messing up prioritising)

I wont back down.. I'll fight the fight
  • J_Fabulous
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @Alzzi76
    It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop moving.