What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    @madwells1 , thank you, I forgot to put a pan of water in the oven with duck. So the duck is a bit dry and burn.Your Korean chicken looks yummy.What's in the sauce ? I want to make Korean Gochujang chicken wings but I need to buy the sauce first. ๐Ÿ—๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

Me too...as per usual. It's becoming a (almost) daily thing! I know I could make more and freeze, but I like them 'fresh'.
    7yson5kwgvoi.jpg

• madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    edited August 2019
    @madwells1 , thank you, I forgot to put a pan of water in the oven with duck. So the duck is a bit dry and burn.Your Korean chicken looks yummy.What's in the sauce ? I want to make Korean Gochujang chicken wings but I need to buy the sauce first. ๐Ÿ—๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ

I use a basic sauce that I throw together that can be used for pretty much anything. Note I don't really measure so these are all approximations.
    • 3 tablespoons honey
    • I use 2-3 TBSP Korean chili powder , but you can use gochujang instead. Mine is always hard and since I don't know what the ingredient list says, I assume there is lots of sugar in it, so I try not to use it (hence the reason it is hard!!!)
    • 1/4 cup soy sauce (sub coconut aminos if paleo)
    • 1/8 - 1/4 rice wine vinegar
    • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
    • 1.5 teaspoon finely minced ginger
    • 2 garlic cloves, finely minced

I usually throw this mixture together, then pour it into a ziploc and marinate whatever I am cooking. For chicken, I marinate over night or longer, for salmon, only 30 minutes or so.

For chicken, once marinated, I throw it all (including the marinade) into the instant pot and high pressure for 10 minutes. natural release. Remove the meat, add more honey to taste (if needed) to the instant pot, a little tomato paste, salt and pepper.

Reduce by 1/3 to 1/2 depending on how much water you put in, then thicken if necessary. I use tapioca flour and water, but you can use cornstarch, etc.

Throw under broiler and enjoy!!
    axyz0mle2hnh.jpg
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Dinner: air fried chicken breast with Stubb's Pork Rub and a salad. lpa4r2g520bm.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Dinner: air fried chicken breast with Stubb's Pork Rub and a salad. lpa4r2g520bm.jpg

Delicious..
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    aow1g72yfpby.jpg
    113wl0knyu9z.jpg
    0f447reoke2y.jpg
    unqt2j7zlvxz.jpg
    rmnzxvmbifci.jpg
    87sw5oaxp7jb.jpg
    amtz2n5n7ebn.jpg
    r1urzdr24myw.jpg
  • Malimalai
    @madwells1 , thank you for your Korean Chicken recipe. I wrote it down and I'll try it out later. x ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Pina colada sorbet for next Saturday's dinner party. Two tins of unsweetened pineapple, a tin of coconut cream, a couple of tablespoons of sugar to taste, a coupe of shots of white rum so that the mixture doesn't freeze too solid when made without an ice cream maker.
    ea84f6f90oqe.jpeg
  • Malimalai
    Low carb Thai fish cakes with no sugar sweet chili sauce & grounded peanuts. cu6heeg55c2s.jpg
    C
  • acpgee
    Watermelon, feta, mint, pomegranate molasses.
    84qbgey40q2t.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Rare ongelet, fries, bearnaise, roast courgette.
    g42gwf084qga.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Dinner at Benedict's in Norwich. We ordered from the 2 course a la carte menu
    https://www.restaurantbenedicts.com/menu
    There were 3 complimentary amuse bouches relying mainly on seafood mousses (clam, oyster and smoked trout) and micro greens. Good sourdough came with butter sprinkled with shortbread crumb. I ordered the chicken and leek terrine which had a stunning chervil sauce followed by rare steak which came with some pan fried hen of the woods, roast celeriac, a few sauteed snow peas, an unidentified astringent green sauteed in butter and beautifully strong truffle mousse.
    pcn7uaxe5kvb.jpeg
    z8d6a23f7r7m.jpeg
    wtcwujbd9lk8.jpeg
    mynk3upb043g.jpg
    gv1q07t4qksa.jpeg

• acpgee
    Breakfast buffet. Maid's Head Hotel in Norwich.
    hcdaa7eqb1c8.jpeg
    6sxexvqabgyq.jpg

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    @just_Tomek , @acpgee Looks soooo goood! I just had lunch and you're making me hungry all over again!
  • acpgee
    Hotel breakfast in Norwich. Didn't finish english muffin in eggs florentine but added some extra bits from the buffet.
    glu3ma6o42o1.jpeg
    ugm9zq40hafw.jpeg

• acpgee
    That didn't work.
    g5f9agoqgb4s.jpeg
    ol1nunjst978.jpeg
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    acpgee wrote: ยป
    That didn't work.
    g5f9agoqgb4s.jpeg