Stuck and not sure why

Options
Hello I think I could use some help or direction. I have been stuck at the same weight for quite some time and not sure how to get past it. I am back to training for marathons and lifting two days a week. I only drink alcohol on weekends, eat pretty healthy, and try to keep my calorie intake between 1200-1500/day. I am 5’2 and 120. Not looking to move mountains here as far as weight loss-just retaining weight and bloat in my stomach and not sure what to do to get past it...my energy levels are low too and I feel between my running and adhering to the calorie intake levels indicated on this app I should be making gains, not stuck at this plateau....any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You can't train for a marathon on 1500 a day.
  • Bulldogs1717
    Bulldogs1717 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    so you feel like my metabolism is just shutting down because it's not getting enough?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    so you feel like my metabolism is just shutting down because it's not getting enough?

No, that's not a thing.

Getting undernourished and overfatigued is, though, and will sap calorie expenditure out of your daily life activity, cost you exercise intensity, and increase probability of more extreme water weight fluctuations, among other things that can limit progress or obscure it.

Are you trying to lose weight while training? If so, how fast are you trying to lose? Have you lost zero? If so, for how long have you stayed the same? When did you start your current routine (eating and exercise)?

If not weight loss (or not weight loss only), what kind of progress are you shooting for: Performance? Body composition? Do you eat back exercise calories? How's your nutrition (I have no idea what "eat pretty healthy" means in terms of macros, let alone micros)? How's your sleep?
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,473 Member
    Options
    A suggestion, not criticism- do some independent research. You seem to have set the bar high. You’re working on tight margins.

Just how I look at stuff, but exercise is one thing, training is something else. Are you following a specific program to train for the marathon? What do they say about eating? You looking for something particular in terms of body comp? Abs? Are you sure those things can all be advanced at the same time?