Back on the wagon: accountability

Options
ericaaqq
ericaaqq Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2019 in Motivation and Support
Getting back in the wagon after 8 months of yo yo ing and not liking my relationship with food. Every night it’s always tomorrow, but today I’ve decided it starts right this second. After restricting too heavily on my first diet I rebounded with a crazy appetite, so currently I am trying something more sustainable! Trying to hit my calorie target: 1400 or under and stick to it! No mindless snacking and also no black and white mentality - just because I go over 100 calories does not mean I can *kitten* it and go 10,000 calories over! Ready to develop a healthier relationship with food and feel happier in my body. I hope this post will keep me accountable!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,480 Member
    Options
    Keep your food diary no matter what. Even if you blow up your numbers for the day. Do your best to put a good faith number on everything and keep going. The process is more important than the numbers.
  • kacahill320
    kacahill320 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hi, I'm back on the wagon too. I am looking for a group with chit chat, I want feed back and give advice (when I can) I was on a website and said I thought there would be more chatting among people and was told to go to another group!!.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    hi, I'm back on the wagon too. I am looking for a group with chit chat, I want feed back and give advice (when I can) I was on a website and said I thought there would be more chatting among people and was told to go to another group!!.

If you get involved in one of the active groups you can find that supportive element you're looking for.
  • claire47
    claire47 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I said I would never go over 140 again. I went to 149 and was upset at myself so I lost 5lb and felt like I was on the right track but after a weekend away and birthday celebrations I didn't reign it back in. I got on the scale this morning at 152. I'm so angry with myself.
    What does everyone do to stop themselves giving in to the 'I don't care ' moments and not binge?
  • kacahill320
    kacahill320 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    this is my 2nd board, where do I find an active group?
  • janjoemo
    janjoemo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Claire47
    What does everyone do to stop themselves giving in to the 'I don't care ' moments and not binge? [/quote]
    I have had a similar struggle. Now I am trying to commit to meditation at least 10 mins a day and exercise at least 20 minutes of rowing 5x/ week and 10k steps/ weekdays- when I am more active I sleep better and eat less junk. We’ll see how that goes. Good luck to you!
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    this is my 2nd board, where do I find an active group?

Go to groups, then do a search for the type of group you're interested in.

There also some threads that end up becoming like a group.

You really just have to explore the community.