100 pounds to lose, that’s not horrifying at all...

Options
Hi! I’m Jenny, and I have about 100 pounds to lose. (-7 hooray!) In 2017, I lost 80 pounds, and from a combination of an injury and depression, gained it all back (plus ten). I’ve decided to do it again.

7 pounds down, 93 to go.

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    You go girl! You know you can do this! I know you can do this!
  • angiesjourney
    angiesjourney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 120 to lose. Down 14 so far
  • nbme111
    nbme111 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I have no idea how to start (other than tracking). I've tried so many diets and I've had success but nothing permanent, I always gain it all back and some. I would like to aim to lose 2 pounds a week and hope than in one year, I would at goal. Any advice would be welcome!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    That's my cycle... Got injured, gained weight, got depressed, gained more weight....lost weight, maintained years, got injured, gained weight, depressed, lost weight, maintained years. Got sick, gained weight, depressed, back on here tracking and losing.

Vicious cycle... But when injuries lead to being bed ridden or crippled for a year or more, I don't know how not to gain weight and get depressed.

I've lost the weight a few times from injuries, so I know it's doable.

We can do it!!

• Me4now2Day
    Me4now2Day Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I’ve got 88 to lose. Down 31. We can do this. Add me if you’d like.
  • donnadee1984
    donnadee1984 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    megamom wrote: »
    I had a hundred to lose also. I have 3 more pound to go before I hit my goal. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Can i add you please x
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Buy a food scale, weigh everything you eat and log in to the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hi! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺
  • BeautifullyBroken52
    Options
    Hi Jenny, I’m Natalie. Been there done that with a 92# loss and maintained for 4 years til I got sidelined by a back injury and spent two years on steroids and muscle relaxers and injections. And dealing with a 50# gain from all that. I’m still broken but, I always keep trying to get this weight back down. One of the things that helped me in the past and even now is not telling myself a huge number I want to lose. Rather than saying I want to lose 100#, tell yourself I can lose 1# a hundred times. Good luck!
  • Elliephantcrossing
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My first go-around with MFP helped me lose over 80 pounds. Then both my parents got sick (one passed), then my dog (my golden, not the shepherd in the pic) died, and my fiance left me. Cue the depression! I gained the 80 pounds back plus thirty. :\ I'm trying to get back on track.
  • Maria_1545
    Maria_1545 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Girl, you're not alone. I have 110 to lose and so far I've lost 11. We got this!!
  • heatonflab2fab
    heatonflab2fab Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’d really like to lose this weight once and for all. Lost 46 pounds four years ago...but it found me again within 4 months.
    I started MFP 3 weeks ago. I actually needed to lose 150 pounds at least. Wow that’s a big number! I like the idea of losing 1 pound 100 times. (Well 150 times in my case)
    I’ve lost 18 pounds in the last month. Finally scales are moving in the right direction. It’s about time I got serious about my health.
    Your 80 pound weight loss is impressive. You’ve done it once you can do it again.
  • DyrtyByrdy
    DyrtyByrdy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add Me!
    I've lost 50 pounds but had to change my diet plan due to health issues. I still have 70 pounds to lose. And I am excited to make friends who will understand the struggle... The struggle is real!
  • Maureen6961
    Maureen6961 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nearly all of the comments hear resemble my story. I have 100 pounds to lose. I have developed arthritis in my knees. While I want to look better, my motivation is a desire to have less pain. I am starting MFP again after a long break. I am glad to be back and looking for a few friends. Best wishes to all! Gail
  • LaurieNelson3969
    LaurieNelson3969 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    120 lbs here to lose . Lost 14 lbs before the holidays & regained every single lb. I don’t want to be skinny , I just want to feel better when walking, finding clothes to wear & to be more active when I have my grandson.
  • dreamerwithatiara
    dreamerwithatiara Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely do this! Feel free to add me, I post recipes and motivational quotes almost every day.
  • leelee_lani
    leelee_lani Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    In the same boat, yo-yo dieter extraordinaire! Have at least 60 lbs to lose, started 5 weeks ago back on MFP which helped me lose 25 lbs 2 years ago. I’m struggling with the scale making me feel depressed so didn’t weigh in when I started 5 wks ago and was shocked at the number today. I cried realizing how heavy I am and how far I have to go. But feeling motivated reading these posts, let’s all support each other to be healthier!