I Am Having A Hard Time!!!!

Options
I am just wondering is anyone can offer some advise on this. I used to eat only one meal a day (dinner) and usually later in the evening (7-8pm). I find now I am having a very very hard time trying to take in 1200 calories per day. With the water I am consuming I feel full, blaoted and sometimes even a little nauseous. Should I be adding meals little by little or doing it all at once? If I take in less calories and I still do the cardio and weights I am buring more then I take in.

If you had any of the same 'symptoms' as I listed above..how long after you began your diet did those feeling start to taper off.

Replies

• smcintosh
    Options
    I am just wondering is anyone can offer some advise on this. I used to eat only one meal a day (dinner) and usually later in the evening (7-8pm). I find now I am having a very very hard time trying to take in 1200 calories per day. With the water I am consuming I feel full, blaoted and sometimes even a little nauseous. Should I be adding meals little by little or doing it all at once? If I take in less calories and I still do the cardio and weights I am buring more then I take in.

If you had any of the same 'symptoms' as I listed above..how long after you began your diet did those feeling start to taper off.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hmm I used to get bloated but I cut white carbs from my diet like bread,rice,pasta..this allows me to eat more I also eat a lot of fruit & nuts to fill the gaps..a handful of pistachios is close to 300 calories and good for ya!....you may want to try this ..Good luck in your journey!!:drinker:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    It's going to take some time. Eat small amounts, 5-7 times per day. Dont' sit down and eat a big breakfast, just eat a small amount, and a few hours later, eat another small amount. Your body is in starvation mode and it is used to a certain thing. It may take as long as a week or two before your body starts to adjust, but it will adjust.
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    hmmm i know im kinda having a water issue also..i drink so much i feel the same way...............but slowly im starting to feel better.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    spread it out into 6 tiny meals if you have to - if you throw it all into one - your body can only burn so much at a time.
  • juliangautreaux
    Options
    For sure eat less breat, pasta, etc.
  • smcintosh
    Options
    For sure eat less breat, pasta, etc.

I actually don't eat any bread (hate the consistancy) and I don't eat pasta I do eat quite a bit of brown rice though.
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    I have this same problem.
    I feel stuffed all the time, I find extreme difficulty getting the min 1200 cals a day, even with my hour or two of exercising. Now add my new water drinking habits in, and I feel completely bloated and stuffed. Dont worry! Youre not alone..I would like some advice too.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    hmmm i know im kinda having a water issue also..i drink so much i feel the same way...............but slowly im starting to feel better.
    everything in moderation, if you are drinking so much water it makes you nauseated, cut back. If water is completely erradicating your appetite, cut back. Water is good and you should drink plenty but not to the point it replaces everyting else and makes you feel gross. :happy:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

1200 calories might even be too low. how did you set up your weekly weightloss goal? anything over 1-2 pounds is not good. i dont know you height and weight, but i would re-evaluate how many you should be eating just in case. you dont want to be set up to fail by not eating the right amount of calories.

you will need to eat a lot of little meals to get used to eating more through out the day. it will take some time but stick to your guns and keep it up!
  • Huyvee999
    Huyvee999 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have just joined a gym and talked with my trainer yesterday and I never ate breakfast. He advised since I eat dinner at like 6-7 at night and nothign after my body isnt haveing the nutrients replenished for over 6 hours. Your body will hold onto tht food and store it for energy cause it is not sure when it si goign to get another meal. Start slow. Im waking up and eating just a serving of Special K = 1 cup. Or have a piece of fruit. But do it within the first hour you wake up. have a snack mid morning. Something small. and have your usual lunch. But make sure to eat breakfast and follow the day with 6 small meals a day. It will take time but having breakfast is big.
    Hope this helps.
    Good Luck
  • smcintosh
    Options

1200 calories might even be too low. how did you set up your weekly weightloss goal? anything over 1-2 pounds is not good. i dont know you height and weight, but i would re-evaluate how many you should be eating just in case. you dont want to be set up to fail by not eating the right amount of calories.

you will need to eat a lot of little meals to get used to eating more through out the day. it will take some time but stick to your guns and keep it up!

My weekly weight loss is set up at 2 pounds per week with a 1500 caloric intake. I am nto anywhere near that right now as I only just started. I am 5'7 and 291 lbs. It sais I should be taking in 1590 calories with a minimum of 1200 (or my body goes into starvation mode).
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

My weekly weight loss is set up at 2 pounds per week with a 1500 caloric intake. I am nto anywhere near that right now as I only just started. I am 5'7 and 291 lbs. It sais I should be taking in 1590 calories with a minimum of 1200 (or my body goes into starvation mode).

hmm, thought it sounded low. you really should do your best to take in more calories. there are a lot of good suggestions on the different boards about snack items, lunches, dinners, breakfast. simple things like eating an apple for a snack and adding peanut butter to it give you more calories right there. keep trying and stick to it.
  • PixieFire
    Options
    I agree. Start with fruit in the morning. It may feel like you have to force it at first. if it makes you sick, cut it in half and start with half. You really should eat something in the morning because that gets your metabolism going.

-Pixie
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I would try 5-6 smaller meals of maybe 250-300 cals each
    You could try yogurt, string cheese and nuts (a small handful of nuts and string cheese are 100 cals a piece)
    You could also eat some cereal or fruit....granola is yummy and higher in cals
    A book that I am reading suggests protein shakes or drinks for people not really interested in b-fast (I like EAS prepared shakes)
    It also suggests to stop eating in the evening so that you start waking up hungry....

Good luck
    Kim
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hmm I used to get bloated but I cut white carbs from my diet like bread,rice,pasta..this allows me to eat more I also eat a lot of fruit & nuts to fill the gaps..a handful of pistachios is close to 300 calories and good for ya!....you may want to try this ..Good luck in your journey!!:drinker:

Great advice!!!!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I agree. Start with fruit in the morning. It may feel like you have to force it at first. if it makes you sick, cut it in half and start with half. You really should eat something in the morning because that gets your metabolism going.

-Pixie

You should always have protein with fruit, no matter if it is breakfast, lunch or dinner or even a snack.

An ounce of cheese and a half grapefruit............yogurt and a serving of fruit, peanut butter with apples or banana..................

If you don't have protein with the fruit, your body will digest it like you ate a candy bar and your sugar will soar up and then crash down............

You want to be level, so always have a bit of protein when eating fruit.