Run with intermittent fasting

Options
Dear, I'm a runner 3 times a weeks and I normally run early morning before going in office.
When I didn't run, I've followed the warrior diet eating once a day for dinner for several months.
Now I would like to restart following the warrior diet every days even when I run in the morning.
Do you think that it could be possible or is it better to not following IF in the days when I run ?
Thank you so much.
I'm 53 years old with a Bmi of 20.

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    There is no.real way for anyone else to tell you. Some do fine training fasted, some don't. You have to experiment with it and see what works for you.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I frequently train fasted and actually prefer it. This includes running, some of which are 60 minutes long.

Find out for yourself and listen to your body. Your body will likely adapt to this new demand - fasted workout.

Share here your experience.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    It will vary person to person. Try it and see how you do/feel. I prefer to run/ride/train fasted, but not everyone does.
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Fasted training is not the hard part. Its recovering afterwards if it doesn't meet your schedule. I'd say the majority of morning training is usually fasted. I know all morning military PT is done before breakfast. I'd have to put something in my body afterwards though. Either adjust your eating period, or take one of the meals out of the eating period and place it right after the exercise and then just save the rest of it until its time to eat. Up to you.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I have no problem exercising fasted within reason, the issue for me would be not allowing myself to eat afterword. By all means, try it and see how it works for you, but I wouldn't be wed to the idea.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I always work out fasted - really dislike having food in my stomach while I exercise. I think it's one of those individual choice things. But I always eat right afterward.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    I stopped doing IF when I started running more. For me it didn’t work. I do run early morning most of the time fasted but I need to eat within about 2hr of finishing my run or else I’m too hungry to focus on my day.

You’ll just need to try it and see if it works for your body I think

This is how I am. But it depends on the person.
  • Bettinocava
    Bettinocava Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    There is no.real way for anyone else to tell you. Some do fine training fasted, some don't. You have to experiment with it and see what works for you.

sorry for my bad explanation. My question was if after having run early morning, someone keep fasting till dinner.
  • Bettinocava
    Options
    I frequently train fasted and actually prefer it. This includes running, some of which are 60 minutes long.

Find out for yourself and listen to your body. Your body will likely adapt to this new demand - fasted workout.

Hello, my question was if someone after having run early morning keep fasting till dinner.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Bettino66 wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »

sorry for my bad explanation. My question was if after having run early morning, someone keep fasting till dinner.

I workout from 4:30 - 5:30 and usually don't eat anything until noon or later. I have had no noticeable effects from doing this (have done this for several years now).
  • Bettinocava
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    I stopped doing IF when I started running more. For me it didn’t work. I do run early morning most of the time fasted but I need to eat within about 2hr of finishing my run or else I’m too hungry to focus on my day.

You’ll just need to try it and see if it works for your body I think

This is how I am. But it depends on the person.

thank you for your clear reply !!!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Bettino66 wrote: »

Hello, my question was if someone after having run early morning keep fasting till dinner.

During an OMAD experiment earlier this year, I ate during a 2-hour feeding window beginning when the sun set each day and would generally take a longer 60-minute run on Sunday beginning around noon or the hour before. It was challenging waiting for the feeding window to begin. If I wanted to practice IF and run/workout early in the morning, I'd move my feeding window to align with this. There's one person at our Intermittent Fasting Group here at MFP who follows a 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. feeding period. This may not be possible for many who are working during that period or have a family they come home to with dinner at a more traditional time.

Again, play around with it, if you want, and find your sweet spot. It can be done if that's what you want to do.