0 Calorie Foods?

Is there any 0 calorie foods out there besides water? I am thinking for snacking purposes.....

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited August 2019
    Nope. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

Goggle miracle noodles. That's the closest you'll get. But you can't eat it without butter, oils or sauce of some kind. If you can, my hat's off to you. 😀
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    I believe shirataki noodles are totally undigestible, thus zero calories. They will be unpalatable without some kind of flavouring. Having them in a broth would probably be your best bet.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    No...
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    There is no need for 0 calorie foods (which don't exist). You have a minimum calorie goal of at least 1200 for a day (more if MFP gives it to you). You should try to allocate some calories for snacking, even if it is only 100-200 a day.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited August 2019
    The closest you'll be able to get for a snack is low-calorie veggies (celery, cucumber, carrot). Maybe you can dip them in some of those Walden Farms "calorie-free" dressings and dips. They are not really zero-calorie, just very low. I have never tried those, but have heard that some are okay but most are disgusting. Some people must like them, though.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    There are plenty of foods that are not 0 cals, but close enough for the purposes of just snacking on something. I'd log it if you eat a lot (and I like to log veg, because I look at overall nutrients).

Some examples are a pickle or some celery or radishes. Not 0, but you can certainly snack away without using too many calories.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Everything has calories except water, and they all count.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Hooliekom wrote: »

Zero no........... but there are negative calorie foods, as claimed by others.

Surely you meant to say there are NO negative calorie foods, even if others claim that there are..?!

Have fun. All coming from various "doctors" so you know it must be right.
    https://www.doctoroz.com/gallery/20-negative-calorie-effect-foods-boost-metabolism

The infamous Dr. Neal Barnard, yeah he's a quack. The Forks over Knives doco he did has been thoroughly debunked.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Is there any 0 calorie foods out there besides water? I am thinking for snacking purposes.....

Zero no........... but there are negative calorie foods, as claimed by others.

I realize you were being ironic, but others didn't, so I thought I'd throw this out there:

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/negative-calorie-foods/