Here I go again...

Options
At my 43 I already lost twice in my life 40Kg... one of them being very active here in MFP.
I would not be here if I did not get the weight back so... yes, Im up to 138Kg (starting point 140Kg). This time my journey will go a bit slower as age makes all more difficult. Let´s hope for the 135-130-120-115 and one day if 110 are on sight we will celebrate together (sigh).
I am very lucky that my health is in great condition and I love sports... I am always IN for any kind of sports (I´d struggle more or less but I love trying).
At the moment my routine is about 6 days of sports in which Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, Padel Tennis and cardio share protagonist.
Also living in Dubai does not help in terms of weather but I never saw a city in which you could have more opportunities to do ANY sport you could imagine.
In the past I made great friends that we have remained virtual friends (I just met two weeks ago to one of them after 7 years of MFP friendship).
Clean sheet and high aim now!
Do not wish me luck... just wish me to remain injury free and not to crave carbs a lot! :)
Cheers MFP community!.
José D.

Replies

• NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • neyagoal
    neyagoal Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good luck Josedavid, hope there will be no injury, you did once now you will do it even better..but dont make mistake carbs are not evil, dont limit or label food that you need to stay away from..its portion control that maters for weight loss, nutrition values for health ( both way you need carbs). I recently moved to hotter area as well ( from east of Europe to Cairo :( ) but dont let heat stop you. It doesnt stop me and I am allergic to sun :P we can do this thing !
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    neyagoal wrote: »
    Good luck Josedavid, hope there will be no injury, you did once now you will do it even better..but dont make mistake carbs are not evil, dont limit or label food that you need to stay away from..its portion control that maters for weight loss, nutrition values for health ( both way you need carbs). I recently moved to hotter area as well ( from east of Europe to Cairo :( ) but dont let heat stop you. It doesnt stop me and I am allergic to sun :P we can do this thing !

I do not stigmatise carbs... only thing is that portion control with carbs is VERY difficult when you love eating :)
  • ecneal9
    ecneal9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today restarts my journey as well- we both got this!!!
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    ecneal9 wrote: »
    Today restarts my journey as well- we both got this!!!

Good to know! way to go!