Post baby fat shred

Options
So I just had my first baby almost 7 weeks ago. No happiness like it honestly just one thing that's been getting me down and it's how much I let my body go through out the pregnancy!

I've always been a curvy girl from as far back as I can remember I'd always fluctuate from 11stone to 13 throughout the years. But I have hit an all time high of 16.9 stone I've never had this much weight on and its making me feel crap in myself! I'm 5"7 and my goal is to eventually get down to 12stone I look good at 12 anything less is a bonus.

I'm looking to see is there any other mammies/moms/mums/mothers out there who'd like to connect with me and we can all motivate each other to help keep on track because I know it will be hard! But has to be done for our physical and mental well being.

So add away if you want give/ receive some support! Here is where I am at and an older photo of me of the size I'm working towards getting back to.

4zsba2z3ja42.jpg
bsacg0xoza6f.jpg

w9pqhvlu5ypf.jpg

or7pz3nyep10.jpg

Replies

• Lindyloo54321
    Lindyloo54321 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on the birth of your baby. Secondly, be kind to yourself - pregnancy and giving birth are the most extreme things that happen to your body ever. I'm the last person in the world to properly advise you (still trying to lose MY baby weight - my babies are now 45 and 43, lol), but at a guess, your GP/MD or ante-natal/post-natal nurse would be the very best people to advise you. Please don't embark on any kind of diet and/or exercise regime until you've taken that expert advice. Saying that, there's nothing wrong with gentle walking, and if you eat lots of biscuits/cake/sweets, you could cut some of those out. Very best wishes to you and your little one - and don't leave it as long as I have, to become that fit and healthy mum.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on the birth of your baby. You sound a lot like me. I am 5'6" and spent most of my adult life weighing 150-180lbs. When my son was born I was 232lbs. I am admittedly losing very slowly (my son turned 2 last month) but am now at 192. You can do this. My greatest piece of advice is that the newborn/infant stage is hard. Be kind to yourself. Don't beat yourself up for overeating or not exercising one day or even one week because you are exhausted/stressed/whatever. Just keep pushing yourself to get back on track and you will get there.
  • Caecile84
    Caecile84 Posts: 16 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby! I agree with what is written above. Only 7 weeks after giving birth I guess it would be wise to consult a medical professional about dieting, especially if you are breastfeeding.
    The first thing I did after giving birth was trying to go for a walk every day with my baby. I was proud to show my baby to the world and it helped me get in shape bit by bit. At first they were short walks to the corner shop, but I would increase the length of my walks as I got fitter. Another plus and I don't know why, but both my babies never slept better than on those walks...
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby! The BEST (weight-related) advise I received after having my babies (I have four of them, ranging from 10-19 years old!) was that it takes you 9 months to put the weight on in pregnancy and it's perfectly okay for it to take another 9 months to get back to your "normal." Don't rush it. Be kind to yourself. It'll happen.
  • Iwanttobetheoldme
    Iwanttobetheoldme Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a 5 month old and have only just started the weight loss journey. I was too sleep deprived before to stay motivated! Plus I wanted to just chill & enjoy my baby. Good luck!