Hello- anyone here from UK?

Options
Hi

I am new.....this is daunting but exciting!

Need some willpower,something I often run out of,this time I want to make a different approach and hopefully reach some goals!

Good luck all!

Nicky x

Replies

• melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicky,

I'm from Hampshire in the UK... welcome to MFP. We all spur eachother on here. It's a great site, good luck...

If you need friends, add me.. :)

Mel x
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki, I'm from the UK, I've been on here a couple of months and it's great :-) The support is really good and it's here 24/7 for free! I've sent you a friend request, good luck! :-)
  • want2walknotwaddle
    want2walknotwaddle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    hello there i am from the uk and 5 month into my journey now and just trying to get under 200lb at the moment 2lb to go eek, feel free to add me as a friend x
  • jonny310580
    jonny310580 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi, am from bonny Scotland. Add me if you like and good luck :)
  • MaudeBeige
    MaudeBeige Posts: 282
    Options
    Good ol' London town is where I call home! Add me if you'd like, it's always interesting to see what 'local' people eat!
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Hi Nikki,

Welcome, although I joined in January I didnt really do anything properly:grumble: until July, and have been logging in evryday since. Just dropped under 200lbs today so very happy!:laugh:
    Add me as a friend if you like
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Welcome! From Bristol here :) Good luck with your weightloss.
  • reedee94
    reedee94 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicki welcome aboard. I'm in Worcester. This is a friendly supportive site. The ability to write down what what you eat and see the calorie count is scary. It seems to suit me though and I hope you have success. Would love to keep in touch with your progress.
  • madlou
    madlou Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from Scotland

Never posted anything on here before, been with MFP for over a year, my weight has been up n down though.

Hopefully this time it will be more positive, although my age is a bit hampering with the weight loss

ggod luck to all:smile:

I dont know how add the trackers .......
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Happy Bank Holiday Monday Nicky. Greetings from London :)
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    hiya, I am around Portsmouth. Welcome.
  • Nickwa76
    Nickwa76 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

Good to know you all! Seems as though this is the place to be if endeavouring to ACTUALLY lose weight and not just wish/talk about it!

Ive been "big" for well heck, most of my life (from 8 yrs old), despite major back surgery (twice) and ongoing pain, I still couldn't find the motivation, even when I got married last year...I was ok with the whole "specially made dress" (size 28!), well at least I told myself I was ok with it! Now I look at my photos and my dress and I am sad. Don't get me wrong,my husband is wonderful and loves me no matter what(he himself also struggles with his weight,and has joined MFP too)

Funny isn't it, how acceptance of a issue/problem is often harder than the actual solution? Now, although I know I have the potential to sabotage myself, this time I feel as if I WANT to lose weight, not for any other reason than I'm uncomfortable, elephantine, unfit and embarrassed now.

Normally a social person, I was what you might term "fat,jolly friend" but now well, I avoid going to pubs/bars etc, as I feel so self concious, never thought that would happen to me! I used to play rugby (before my back injuries) and my height (6ft) and weight (then 21st) was almost the badges to indentify me as a rugby player...the two things validated each other...I was big because I played rugby and I played rugby because I was big. Then I stopped the rugby and realised I was FAT(took me a few years!)

Anywhooo, now my stark choices are gastric bypass surgery....or stay as I am OR LOSE WEIGHT the good old fashioned way!

Well I am happy to try the weight loss route first....and seems as though there is great support network here,so thanks for the friend offers, I'll be taking those up! :)

Cheers for now guys :)

Nicky xx
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Wiltshire here...YELLLLLLOOOOOO and welcome!
    good luck on your journey x
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Bonjour from...errr...Belfast!

Welcome aboard :smile:
  • clarehodgson14
    Options
    Hi I'm clare and i live on the wirral (Acroos the mersey from Liverpool) I'm 35, 2 kids and work for the nHS. I've been here for two weeks and lost 6lbs. Feel free to add me for suport.
  • clarehodgson14
    Options
    Hi I am from Scotland

Never posted anything on here before, been with MFP for over a year, my weight has been up n down though.

Hopefully this time it will be more positive, although my age is a bit hampering with the weight loss

ggod luck to all:smile:

I dont know how add the trackers .......

Hi Madlou,

Tickers are under tools and tickers. set up by following instructions and then at the end it gives you some urls copy the Left hand one and paste into signitures which u will find at the top of the message boards. Hope that helps.
  • mrsgrumpypants
    mrsgrumpypants Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm from Devon - 52, married 2 teenagers, and I've been gaining and losing the same 15lb most of my adult life. I'm here to get the last few pounds off and more importantly try tokeep it off. I'd like to meet other people in the same position.

This is a fantastic webite, best I've found. I particularly like the scary "If every day was like today you'd be 160lb" when you overdo it!
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    Hi Nicky,

I'm Sabrina from south London, I've been on here just over 4 weeks, I find this site is really great and supportive. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • alibeany
    alibeany Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hi Nicky,
    I'm from London,and have been here since 4th July. I LOVE this site,in fact it's changed my life! The more friends you have the better- so feel free to add me :happy:
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Hello from sunny (ish) Hertfordshire :happy: