Options
New on myfitnesspal. I'm a big foodie and love to cook for my family and also eat myself. My BMI is now 28 but my recent physical check up has great results on it - which I want to preserve going forward.How do you keep yourself motivated to eat balanced meal when you are a foodie?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

It should be easier to stick with a balanced diet if you're a foodie. I cook 99% of my meals. It's exciting to go to the store and get something I've never had before, then go home and play with flavors and textures.

Good luck with your journey!
  • markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is cook as much as you can at home and try to eat mostly healthy. If you eat roughly 80-90% healthy for the week an occasional treat won't hurt you. Just keep your goal and motivation somewhere where you can see it like a post it note on the fridge to remind you why you are taking this fitness/weight loss journey and that will help too.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are foodies, both went to culinary school.

I love making my plates look like art, especially with colorful veggies.
  • daisymae723
    daisymae723 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do I calculate my macros
  • daisymae723
    daisymae723 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m 173 lbs and so many sights have different calculations
  • smartinez1224
    smartinez1224 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I am new to keeping track of exercise on this app. I currently work out at Orange Theory and I input the calories burned based on my HRM. I have an apple watch and its also recording my steps. Am I double dipping on the exercise "points"?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    How do I calculate my macros

I actually don't pay attention to the macros. I focus on staying in a calorie deficit. My macros are whatever mfp assigned me.
  • anufatima
    anufatima Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is cook as much as you can at home and try to eat mostly healthy. If you eat roughly 80-90% healthy for the week an occasional treat won't hurt you. Just keep your goal and motivation somewhere where you can see it like a post it note on the fridge to remind you why you are taking this fitness/weight loss journey and that will help too.
    This makes sense.
  • anufatima
    Options
    My fiance and I are foodies, both went to culinary school.

I love making my plates look like art, especially with colorful veggies.

Like they say you eat with your eyes first - I would totally eat an attractive plate of food.
  • anufatima
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

It should be easier to stick with a balanced diet if you're a foodie. I cook 99% of my meals. It's exciting to go to the store and get something I've never had before, then go home and play with flavors and textures.

Good luck with your journey!

Thank you. Agree with you on buying ingredients and cooking your own meal - that way we have control over what is going in.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    When I first lost my weight on MFP, I didn't pay attention to the macros either. I just watched my calories. LOL, to be honest, I didn't know what a macro was.

It was a long time ago, not as much focus on macros and woe back then.