Options
13»

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    dodea48 wrote: »
    are you en pointe in bare feet

No, she is on pointe with the proper ballet shoes. They are pink so it may look like she is barefooted. Just look closer.
  • aevely2
    aevely2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am 63 and 115 pounds. I carry my weight in my legs - thighs and calfs. When my weight was around 110, I looked like a skeleton on top and still had big legs. I've never been able to wear skinny jeans - if they fit in the waist they are much too tight though the leg. Years ago, when I was a skinny teenager I went with my mother to buy boots. I couldn't get them over my calves. My mother had no problem getting them on and she was at least 70 pounds over weight. I've learned to live with the fact I will never have slim legs. But my legs are strong and they get me where I want to go.
  • zylkm4
    zylkm4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    dodea48 wrote: »
    are you en pointe in bare feet

No, she is on pointe with the proper ballet shoes. They are pink so it may look like she is barefooted. Just look closer.

You are right. I thought I was wearing footies, but now that I remember that pic, I did have pink tights on. Slaps self.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    cbihatt wrote: »
    beckyrpl wrote: »
    Don't go by sizes of clothes - I'm 5'2" and weigh about 116 lbs - I have sizes in my closet - all that fit me well - from a 2 to a 10. Due to vanity sizing, the size on your clothes is meaningless right now. Clothes manufacturers realize you're more willing to buy a garment that is a lower size, so sizing is now really skewed. It could be body shape - I am very small on top, a bit bigger through my hips and belly (this is especially true since I've gone through menopause). Relax, look in the mirror, focus on the good.

I read somewhere once (maybe here on MFP) that vanity sizing is not actually a thing. The explanation has always stuck with me. Apparently clothing manufacturers make a size 12 to fit the average sized woman. So, as the average size woman got larger, so did a size 12. Other sizes are cut larger or smaller than the size 12, accordingly. I guess that’s why they use an arbitrary number instead of measurements. But, it’s not a huge conspiracy to make us feel better or worse about ourselves.

I feel this same way even though you got woo'd,in my experience it seems like clothing size labels have gotten larger,I wore a 12 at 175 pounds a decade ago and now that I've reached my 135 goal I'm still a size 12 so how's that vanity sizing?!? That's sad sizing to me😭