Hey! What type of body do I have now?

Options
jfsdkl1
jfsdkl1 Posts: 6 Member
r4bartp86qz1.png

On the left is a photo of 2 years ago and on the right is my body at this moment. do you find me fat? My bmi is 22.5 So I should still be in the healthy category. what kind of body did I have 2 years ago? Thanks for your time!

Replies

• l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    To my standards you're considered pudgy on the right, and 2 years ago you were slim/slightly toned.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    to me you have the build of a teenager on the left. You have filled out a little since. This is normal. Boys usually fill out and become deeper in the chest over their early twenties.

You don't look like you are overweight to me. Ok, so you aren't ripped.... you know that. But a lot of people aren't and are fine with that. What do YOU want?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I think if the picture on the right also showed as far upwards as your collarbones it would be a more useful comparison.

Looks to me that the apparent difference in your trunk area could be posture as much as it is light fat cover. Seeing if your collarbones are less defined would help the analysis.
  • jfsdkl1
    Options
    I think if the picture on the right also showed as far upwards as your collarbones it would be a more useful comparison.

Looks to me that the apparent difference in your trunk area could be posture as much as it is light fat cover. Seeing if your collarbones are less defined would help the analysis.

This better?
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'd call it skinny fat- I don't mean that in a rude way at all you asked so that's my take on it. Start lifting weights, no cardio and turn all that *kitten* into muscles brother!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Yes, that’s much clearer now.

You’ve definitely put a little weight on between the two pics. I’d not call you fat though, maybe just a little soft rather than toned. Those collarbones have lost their definition under a thin layer of covering, that’s for sure.

I’m no expert at recomposition or body/muscle building but even I would guess you could tone that all up fairly quickly, you’re young and don’t appear to have one of those ‘string bean’ physiques that struggles to gain muscle.
  • jfsdkl1
    Options
    I'd call it skinny fat- I don't mean that in a rude way at all you asked so that's my take on it. Start lifting weights, no cardio and turn all that *kitten* into muscles brother!

Thanks for your honesty.
  • jfsdkl1
    Options
    Please let me know what you think.
  • jfsdkl1
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    For my personal physique preferences I would say currently under trained and over fat.

A young male can fix that relatively quickly if you have the desire to.

Thanks for your honesty. Where do you see most of my extra pounds?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    jfsdkl1 wrote: »
    For my personal physique preferences I would say currently under trained and over fat.

A young male can fix that relatively quickly if you have the desire to.

Thanks for your honesty. Where do you see most of my extra pounds?

Note I didn't say overweight - you could well be a good weight if you had more muscle and less fat.

Why does it matter where you store your surplus fat?
    You can't influence where your body stores fat or uses it up, you can however influence where you add muscle but would recommend you workout your whole body.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Does the OP exercise at all?
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You can see it in the navel area. When it starts to "smile" you've got a little extra. You're far from fat, but if I were you, I'd try to gain som muscles. That way the body will be way more toned without having to diet.
    Skinny without muscles are just..well..small.
  • jfsdkl1
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »

Nope.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i would call it a human body.

seems a little hairless to be another type of ape.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything especially wrong in either photo. If you want to bulk up that would look nice.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    OP, you have received a number of comment what random people think of your body type. What do you think and if you body doesn't look the way you would like it to, how would you like it to look?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Nope.

Not surprised but a little saddened.

If you are interested in being healthy and aesthetics (which from your comments you seem to be) you need to fix that or you are on a slippery slope to ill health and being unhappy living in your own body.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

Nope.

Not surprised but a little saddened.

If you are interested in being healthy and aesthetics (which from your comments you seem to be) you need to fix that or you are on a slippery slope to ill health and being unhappy living in your own body.

This.

Also, there is no reason to go crazy here. The recipe for positive change will require that you are uncomfortable at times but you don't need to be miserable. You can't change anything overnight so set a very simple and attainable small goal for yourself and then when you get accomplish it make the next goal. Another way of looking at it is that you want a sense of urgency not a sense of panic.

As far as what you want to actually do or how you want to look I suggest you start with something you enjoy doing and build the body that will allow you to do that activity better.