Is it just me?

stillkicking257
stillkicking257 Posts: 658 Member
edited August 2019 in Chit-Chat
Maybe I’m from the old days of MFP, I’ve been using this site since 2010 or so, or maybe I’m just conceited and like to add a ton of pics. Either way, I’m noticing that most people only have 1 pic on their profile. Am I missing something? So far since returning to MFP, truly EVERY single profile I’ve seen has only one pic. It’s not just about the pics though, so many have NOTHING in their profile. Nothing about themselves or their goals. Just a lot of empty profiles and those make me think you’re not committed or won’t be supportive. :( Am I the only one seeing this? Just wanted to rant about it, rant over.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I'm pretty happy when they have a pic at all since there seem to be more and more of them that just have the default person outline.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Funny thread
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    @LyndaBSS Ah, you’re one of those that likes to assume. Nice. Who said anything about a dating site? Fog! It’s a fitness site where people post progress pics and where people make friends and pictures help you get to know others. If you’re not posting progress pics, are you actually here to work out or just socialize? I could go that route but I’m not, simply asking a question but ok. Lmao!!

Pray tell, what am I assuming?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    6cQb.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Who said anything about a dating site? Fog! It’s a fitness site where people post progress pics and where people make friends and pictures help you get to know others.

giphy.gif

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I have had more technical issues with MFP in the last 2 months than in the years before...so I wonder how much of the lack of pics is the app or website simply not working properly when people are trying to do stuff?
  • LyndaBSS
    @tcunbeliever Good point. Some pics are better than no pics. I’m sorry but it’s very odd when you have no pics. Doesn’t make it a dating site but the newer folks don’t get it maybe.

It's odd to you. Why is that? I'm sincerely asking. I don't care whether or not people have pics. Are you referring to before and afters?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I just now figured out how to add 1 pic. How in the world do you add more. Never mind. I’d never figure it out.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I post pictures on my news feed as opposed to in the little photo album section. Lots of my mfp friends tend to do this as well.

That’s true. I’m from an older generation of MFP. You used to not be able to post pics on your wall. A lot has changed. But still, empty profiles are just questionable.

My profile is quite detailed, it's just the picture thing I haven't bothered to do!
  • LyndaBSS
    When I see someone who hasn't bothered to upload a pic, then I just assume they are temporary here.

If they really invested in their health & fitness journey, they would put something on their page, even if it's not a photo of themselves. Personalizing your profile, including some kind of pic, is part of investing yourself in your journey.

Very interesting point of view. I never thought of it that way.

I'm 61, very invested in my journey here, use mfp on the app only, and wanted a profile pic only so people could identify me when I posted.

The first dozen pics I tried to upload came out sideways. Merlin's pic was the only one that came out right. I deleted the others and was too frustrated to try again after that.

I live alone since my husband died last year and I think selfies are stupid and narcissistic.

Although I appreciate before and after pics, I have anxiety and depression and chose to use my scale and measuring tape instead.