Is it just me?

Replies

• unicorngems
    unicorngems Posts: 56 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't need lots of photo's! I tend to post 'interesting' things in my feed. Like food or fitness pics.
  • stillkicking257
    stillkicking257 Posts: 658 Member
    I just now figured out how to add 1 pic. How in the world do you add more. Never mind. I’d never figure it out.

You’re probably using the app. You have to log in through your browser. You are able to see a lot more, upload pics, etc. The app is mostly for adding food, it’s awesome for that.
  • stillkicking257
    stillkicking257 Posts: 658 Member
    I don't need lots of photo's! I tend to post 'interesting' things in my feed. Like food or fitness pics.

You denied my fr, so I wouldn’t know. :( lol

• Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Personally I feel like it's a comfort thing.... it's your prerogative to do what you want with your profile and honestly I love animal pics and cartoons and clever wit etc of some non selfies....as well as smiling or duck lipped in some cases, faces ....butI if they have the silhouette and are cool & respectful then I don't really care🤷

Perhaps some don't like taking pics or are comfortable showing them, or have other "reasons"( @Motorsheen 🤐 )...this is a weight loss and fitness sight so just because you feel confident ...which is awesome btw and good on you! ....others may not so much, ya?!😉

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Some of us have to edge our way down slowly for a selfie. I've never taken a selfie but I finally posted an updated photo someone took of me on the fly. I just don't care for photos but I won't hold it against anyone else if they don't care for them either. They're very personal and for some of us it requires true grit and bravery to let it all hang out there for the world to see.
  • jessi3990
    jessi3990 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a part of a medical weight loss program and they use this to track our calories. I still might add some before and progress pictures. But Like someone said, some people are just doing this for themselves. :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    My sense of humor isn’t easy to deal with. It takes work to come up with lolz, and now I’m learning that I could simply post an inflammatory topic with a hardline stance to get attention?!?

<throws papers in the air>

I give up

Serial%20Mom%20-%20Beverly%20shocking%20Dottie.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1555195038878
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    My sense of humor isn’t easy to deal with. It takes work to come up with lolz, and now I’m learning that I could simply post an inflammatory topic with a hardline stance to get attention?!?

I give up

Potatoes are bad
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    When I see someone who hasn't bothered to upload a pic, then I just assume they are temporary here.

If they really invested in their health & fitness journey, they would put something on their page, even if it's not a photo of themselves. Personalizing your profile, including some kind of pic, is part of investing yourself in your journey.

I have hobbies outside of dirty mirror bathroom selfies
  • vggb
    vggb Posts: 132 Member
    Just gravitate to those that use photos and add lots of personal stuff if that's what you are after. Ignore everyone else if it displeases you.
  • caco_ethes

I give up

We’re listening
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I give up

We’re listening

...I got nothin else
  • caco_ethes

I give up

We’re listening

...I got nothin else

you AMAteur
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    I'm not committed or supportive so spot on man, high five
  • Motorsheen

I give up

We’re listening

...I got nothin else

411853-20;1551151822t.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    dodea48 wrote: »
    Maybe I’m from the old days of MFP, I’ve been using this site since 2010 or so, or maybe I’m just conceited and like to add a ton of pics. Either way, I’m noticing that most people only have 1 pic on their profile. Am I missing something? So far since returning to MFP, truly EVERY single profile I’ve seen has only one pic. It’s not just about the pics though, so many have NOTHING in their profile. Nothing about themselves or their goals. Just a lot of empty profiles and those make me think you’re not committed or won’t be supportive. :( Am I the only one seeing this? Just wanted to rant about it, rant over.

Judging others and self righteousness burn few calories

wait.

just how few?

I'm interested in burning all that I can.

Self Righteous seems like a small price to pay for some gains.