17 Day Diet Success!!

Options
I just finished Day 17 of Cycle 2 and I've lost 15 pounds (8 during C1 and 7 during C2) and 71/2 inches!! My husband's been "sort of" doing the diet...and he's lost 22lbs! I start Cycle 3 tomorrow...I'm looking forward to having a slice of toast! Anyone else having success? I love that all the day's food is laid out for 17 days so I don't have to really plan any meals...I just eat what it tells me to. Does anyone have any extra recipes that fit the diet? A couple site I've found for extra recipes: http://thedoctorstv.com/TheDoctorsBoard1/posts/10116-CYCLE-1-RECIPE-LINKS

Let's motivate each other!! :o)

Replies

• audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your lose

There are some reciepes in here for cycle 2 and up

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Kym1610/view/my-tried-and-true-reciepes-119373
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump
  • baptistgirl23
    baptistgirl23 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check it out!
  • nolandadodd
    Options
    just wondering if you can tell me what this diet is? I need something like this to help me kick start losing weight.
    Thanks!
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    @Nolandadodd
    The 17 day diet was written by Dr Mike Moreno. It's a low carb diet that goes in 4 cycles to avoid platuea. Perhaps google it or pick up the pick for more info
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    I had my doubts if I would actually stick with it but it's been awesome! And, you only completely go without carbs the 1st 17 days. The next 17, you can have 1 natural starch every other day (like a baked potato, brown rice, etc...), and 3rd cycle you can start having a little bread and even 1 dessert/day! Which as I just posted, I am very excited about. To have gone 34 days without a dessert (excluding sugar-free yogurt) or bread has been a major breakthrough for me. The best part? After Day 4 of Cycle 1, I no longer even craved the stuff. In fact, I have had a half-gallon of ice cream that's been in my freezer since I started and I haven't been tempted once! Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure why I even left it in there...I'm going to throw that thing out tomorrow and replace with the box of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches that I can start eating as of tomorrow...WOO-HOO!! Another benefit of this diet for me? All the extra energy I have! I admit, Day 1-Day 5 of Cycle 1, I was extremely sluggish and absolutely had to cut down on exercising (usually do zumba 3 days/week and tennis 2 days/week). I could barely make it through a whole tennis match. But after Day 5 my body rebounded and I've had loads of energy ever since! I even exercise 6 days/week now. Anyway, for anyone thinking about starting...why not today? What have you got to lose except weight? :o)
  • RunG2010
    RunG2010 Posts: 33
    Options
    I have a lot to lose but so far I am on day 8 of cycle 1 and I am down 11.4 lbs. I ma loving it. I kicked my Diet Coke addiction also. Don't let the low carb scare you off. I am averaging 90 carbs a day in veggies, fruit and yogurt. I cant wait to see where I am at the end of the first round. http://www.17daydietblog.com has a good outline of the diet, I would still get the book for the details.

:drinker:
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    Just finished C3D7 and down 3 more pounds this week! (18 lbs. total so far) Granted, I do exercise a lot (that's never been my problem). Finally getting my eating under control has been awesome! It's so funny, I was really looking forward to the extra snacks this cycle...but out of the 7 days, I've only had 2. I just wasn't hungry for them! Never thought I'd be able to say that...LOL! :o) Oh, and I looked in the mirror today and I saw collar bones...I love those things...;-)
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone on their successes so far! Today I started R2, C1, D1. During the first R1, I lost 8 lbs on C1, 7 lbs on C2, and 6 lbs on C3. After today, I'm already looking forward to C2...lol. It's amazing how your body just craves starches. I want my baked sweet potato! But, I can do without anything for 17 days! I have about 40 pounds left to lose...hopefully 2 more rounds will do it. Good luck to you all! :o)
  • moon_light10
    Options
    sounds great
    do u think the people in UK will be able to follow this??? (food wise)
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    sounds great
    do u think the people in UK will be able to follow this??? (food wise)

Absolutely! No weird foods involved! :o)
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    To all you 1st timers, Round 2 of Cycle 1 has been sooooo much easier! I have tons more energy and have been able to keep up with my regular exercise routine. Total loss for Round 1: 21 pounds! I just finished R2C1D8 and I've lost 3 more pounds...YEA! Only 33 more to lose...and only 9 more days until I get to enjoy my beloved baked potato and black bean turkey chili...YUM! Good luck to you all!! :o)
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    Well, I've had 2 days completely off the diet this week...we had friends come to town and I decided that since I made it completely through Round 1 (without any cheats) and then went straight back to Cycle 1, I was going to take a couple of days off. Not like me, but I needed a little break. I did manage to stay completely away from sweets (my usual downfall) and only drank water, lemon water, or green tea. We ate out for 3 meals and I did NOT order salad! Anyway, I thought it would give me an idea on how much I would gain if I splurge for two days and then eat super healthy the other 5 days (a little 17DD, Cycle 4 preview). I had planned on keeping up with a little exercise those 2 days but, other than walking around the Animal Kingdom, it didn't happen. I'll let you guys know how the scale reacts on Monday! I would have been moving on to Cycle 2 on Sunday, but I'm going to stay on C1 two extra days to try to even things out. Punishing myself...lol. I was really looking forward to that baked potato (and some hummus and celery...my favorite snack on C2 and C3) Sunday too! On another topic, I have my 2nd 5K tomorrow morning at Disney's Animal Kingdom! YEA!
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    Still losing weight consistently, even with the two days off last week (ate out 3 times...YIKES!) Since July 26th, I've lost 32 pounds! I only have 1 pound to lose until I'm "normal." Never thought I'd be able to go from obese to normal weight in under 3 months...I guess anything really IS possible! :laugh: Since the beginning of September I've made a goal to burn b/t 4000-5000 calories a week (trying to keep the 2-3 pound weight loss/wk the same is a lot harder when you're 30 pounds lighter!) but other than that I don't do anything special except stick to the 17DD. I'm now on R2C2D8. Only 9 more days until I get those Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches back. I'm really craving a chocolate dessert. A couple of nights ago I baked an apple with some cinnamon and Truvia sprinkled on top. It was delicious! Hope everyone is having great success! Have a great week! :o)
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    I'm normal! (BMI, that is...lol) I finally reached 159 this week, the high end BMI weight for my height (5'7")!! I am so excited. I've lost 33 pounds in 11 weeks. :noway: I've been on exercise kicks before but this is the first eating lifestyle that has clicked for me. I just feel so much better! :happy: I start R3C3 Tuesday and I think I may just stay on Cycle 3 until I lose the rest of the weight (at least 24 more pounds). If I don't continue to lose at least 4 pounds every 17 days on C3, I will start a new round. Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    Playing around with a before/during photo

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g382/baptistgirl23/After2-1.jpg [img][/img]
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    Playing around with a before/during photo...we'll see if this works. Before photo June 26, 2011/During photo October 25, 2011.

[ img ] http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g382/baptistgirl23/After2-1.jpg [ /img ]
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    Oh, well, I can't get it to work...maybe by the time I'm at my goal weight I'll figure it out!! :o)
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    oh your progress looks amazing! never even heard of this diet!