According to MFP my HIIT session only burned 200cal!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I just adjusted my goals to say I’m very active and get 1530 per day. That makes me happier

How much of your listed activities are you logging as exercise? I’m unclear if the hiking is getting logged as exercise or not? And the hiking is what you’ve been doing for quite some time? The other stuff is newer?

I ask because I am the same height and weight (+/-) and extremely active including exercise. But without exercise, I am not. 1200 as a NET goal is less than a pound a week of loss for me.

Are you very active NOT including anything you log as exercise?
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I just adjusted my goals to say I’m very active and get 1530 per day. That makes me happier

How much of your listed activities are you logging as exercise? I’m unclear if the hiking is getting logged as exercise or not? And the hiking is what you’ve been doing for quite some time? The other stuff is newer?

I ask because I am the same height and weight (+/-) and extremely active including exercise. But without exercise, I am not. 1200 as a NET goal is less than a pound a week of loss for me.

I just changed it today so I won’t be including my hiking and some of my classes as exercise. I also do a lot of farm work and am always on the go and moving generally.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options

I just changed it today so I won’t be including my hiking and some of my classes as exercise. I also do a lot of farm work and am always on the go and moving generally.

Perfect. Just didn’t want you to end up inadvertently double counting things because mfp is confusing and end up not getting the results you’re looking for.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Options

Perfect. Just didn’t want you to end up inadvertently double counting things because mfp is confusing and end up not getting the results you’re looking for.

Thanks! I have an aggressive goal of 1kg/week and with only 10kg to lose at this stage I’m leaving room for error. Even half that would be grand as I’m in recomp as well.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Ok so my stats are 5’4” female 75kg aiming for 65kg. Pretty fit cardio wise but very little upper body strength. Lower body better but not great. I’m off work for another month so my week looks like this atm mon - 10km uphill hike then yoga and HIIT using weights, tues - 10-15km hike uphill then this class, weds 10km flat walk, rpm, core and self- defence, thurs trx then horse riding, Friday boxing then 15km uphill hike. This is all around general farm work. Sat is generally a 20km hike and Sunday is a complete rest day. I’m on 1200/day and log accurately. I’m wanting to increase fitness now and am conditioning myself for comps next year.

Keep in mind that fitness fails will require more food at some point. Sounds like you have a pay good handle on things though.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Options

Thanks! I have an aggressive goal of 1kg/week and with only 10kg to lose at this stage I’m leaving room for error. Even half that would be grand as I’m in recomp as well.

Why the ‘woo’ on this? Genuinely interested
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options

I'm guessing it's because that's a very aggressive goal with only 10kg to lose, and recomp is a thing that is usually going to work close to or at maintenance?
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Options
    Oh ok. I’m aiming for 1kg but I hit about 600gm which is fine and I am toning up. So it’s working for me.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options

I have picked up 22 in this thread (I only have 35 in total, ever) for pointing out that calorie burn calculations are often wrong, that it takes a lot of effort to burn calories, and that I dont practice eating them back.

Woo's are a strange and often silly thing, I wouldnt dwell on it. People Woo for many reasons, clearly many of which are meaningless or dont make sense.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    Yer hiit sucks as a calorie burn. It’s good if you are short on time. But I hate it!