No change in scale- 3 weeks

Options
Hi everyone. I've been dieting (healthy) and exercising everyday for about 3 weeks now. But my scale hasn't changed. I notice my body changing but how do I get the scales to show it to?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Can you give us more info? Are you weighing your foods? Is the exercise new to you? How much do you have to lose?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Are you weighing and logging ALL your food?

Are you consistently staying within your calorie goal?

Eating healthy and exercising do not cause weight loss. Weight loss is 100% caused by consistently being in a calorie deficit.

After you start weighing ALL your food, give it time. You may retain some water from the new exercise.
  • elcollins2000
    elcollins2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 15kg. I'm staying in my calorie goal of 1500. I do strength and Cardio which I'm very consistent with. I don't weigh my foods but most of my food doesn't have to be weighed. Excersice isn't new to me.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    yep, as others have said...weighing EVERY piece of food and drink is a must. If you are staying at or under your calorie deficit, there should be no reason other than maybe medical issue, that you shouldn't be losing some weight by now.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 15kg. I'm staying in my calorie goal of 1500. I do strength and Cardio which I'm very consistent with. I don't weigh my foods but most of my food doesn't have to be weighed. Excersice isn't new to me.

Why? Because it's packaged? Packaged items can legally be off by up to 20% (in the USA).

So, your 200 calorie item could actually be anywhere from 160 calories to 240, for example.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options

@elcollins2000

Which foods don't need to be weighed? I'm really curious.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    For my weight loss(es) I have found that going by what the food package says has done just fine for me. OP, I know that most lifters do not eat back their lifting calories spent. Perhaps you might try that? And definitely get a food scale, so you can weigh everything that is not prepackaged. Good luck!!
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

@elcollins2000

Which foods don't need to be weighed? I'm really curious.

Not the person you are asking but just using the numbers on the container seems alright. Also dividing by days i.e. Monday I ate approx 1/4, Tuesday 1/4, Wednesday 1/2.