Help!

Options
brittlb07
brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
edited August 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
d9lllbfys2t1.png
I’ve officially hit a standstill. I’ve been 122 for a month. I am only 5’4’’ for the record. Small frame. I’m still proud of losing 24 pounds since January but was really hoping to reach 118. I’ve been at 1300 calories with the occasional 1450 day here or there. I will say that I feel comfortable with the amount I’m eating and it doesn’t feel like a sacrifice. But those last five pounds would be amazing. And one in a similar situation? Not sure if I should declare maintenance and settle or try something else.

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm still 10 pounds from goal and can agree that the fat is moving off very slowly.

There's a part of me that wants to call it done. Although like you I feel satiated with the amount of calories I'm eating.

Lots of patience required for this weight loss thing. 🙂
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Being that close maybe look into recomp now.
  • bigginsbengtson
    bigginsbengtson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would suggest fewer calories, as 1300 isn't much of a deficit for someone your weight.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    brittlb07 wrote: »
    d9lllbfys2t1.png
    I’ve officially hit a standstill. I’ve been 122 for a month. I am only 5’4’’ for the record. Small frame. I’m still proud of losing 24 pounds since January but was really hoping to reach 118. I’ve been at 1300 calories with the occasional 1450 day here or there. I will say that I feel comfortable with the amount I’m eating and it doesn’t feel like a sacrifice. But those last five pounds would be amazing. And one in a similar situation? Not sure if I should declare maintenance and settle or try something else.

Don’t settle! Take a diet break (eat at maintenance) for a week and then go back to 1300. It took me 6 months to lose 18 pounds. I’m also 5’4” (well, 5’4.5”) and 122 was my goal. The last 5 pounds took FOREVER, but the did come off.

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I would suggest fewer calories, as 1300 isn't much of a deficit for someone your weight.

Not at all - everyone is different. I’m only 5’3 and 119 pounds and I maintain on c2100. I lose on anything lower - it all depends on activity level and exercise.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    brittlb07 wrote: »

Do you want to hit 118 because it's just the number you always had in your head, or do you think you need to lose another 5 lbs to look the way you want to?

It's possible that putting on a little muscle will change the way you look far more than getting below 120 will:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

It also might help if you could increase your NEAT a little, give yourself a little more of a deficit while still eating where you're comfortable:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1

And on a related note, a legit, structured diet break might help:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1

I'm 5'4 (and 1/2!) and I've gotten down to 125 and felt like I wasn't quite there yet. I feel like the strength training I'm focusing on is definitely helping, and I'm slowly pushing my NEAT up at the same time so that if I do decide at some point to lose another 5 lbs, I'll be able to get into a deficit easier. It's important to realize that once you get into vanity lbs and aesthetics, people can work literally for years to tweak here and there until they find where they're comfortable. :drinker: