Which mileage app do you use

2»

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    iRunner app, it’s served me well with consistent results for about 5 years now.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited August 2019
    Strava defaults to moving time for both running and cycling, which is annoying and unchangeable. (I think most cyclists prefer it, as do I; but many runners, myself included, do not).

ETA: exception being for workouts tagged as a race... it properly defults to Elapsed time in that case.
  • TheRayOD2014
    TheRayOD2014 Posts: 26 Member
    Run keeper

Strava doesn’t give real time pacing
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    I use MapMyHike just for the fun map and distance, not for calories. I don't have it synced to MFP. I think the crazy high calories I see in the app are due to it including my BMR (?)

It uses GPS so if I lose the signal in the woods I get odd results.
  • mandeebur
    mandeebur Posts: 13 Member
    Nike plus
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    I’ve been using MapMyRun / MapMyFitness (main activities walk/hike/run) for the past 6 months. I started going to the gym 2x a week to add exercises.
    Tried Strava, didn’t like it although it seems like a favorite here. Recently started Runkeeper and like the User Interface better but not sure which is best for integration with MFP and iPhone Health.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Strava
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Garmin linked to Strava (I have a Garmin watch). But if for some reason I don't use my watch that day then I use MapMyRun/Fitness. I mainly use Strava for Strava Summit to track my training progress.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    hmhill17 wrote: »
    pondee629 wrote: »
    Can't imagine why time would be so far off, unless one program stops when you are not moving. My Garmin reports this separately, total time/moving time. Mileage is probably just inaccuracies in the device, which is why I get a different distance for the same route. Calories are pretty much guesswork from any device or program. The mileage and calorie differences are pretty minor.

I did discover the other two apps do have an automatic pause function so I turned that on. I had to stop and retie a lose shoe and pace at 4 intersections, so that might have impacted time.

Like I said, just my personal OCD.

Running multiple apps is part of the source of error. They're competing with one another for processing capacity.

Personally I use Garmin devices and use the Connect app for analysis