Double Workout?

Options
Before reading this please disregard my previous posts.

Yesterday was supposed to be my leg day and then it was10-15 minutes or so. I had broken a little sweat and such but I tried to superset everything. This was because of a family event that occurred. That night I overindulged and overate a LOT. Like imagine being immobile from food Haha. Anyways, should I take that as a "carb up" and retrain legs today or should I just take today as normal, which is supposed to be my rest day? I ask this because theres that whole Muscle Protein Synthesis, muscle grows during rest, dont train a muscle two days in a row or something etc...
Thanks!

Replies

• littlegreenparrot1
    Options
    Generally speaking it is not a good idea to try to make up workouts you have missed.
    It's quite a good way to hurt yourself by doing to much, and feels a bit to much like punishment for my liking.

Your muscles need rest to recover and get stronger, that's how you make progress, let them do their thing.

Please do look into getting some help with this stuff. It is not an admission of failure to admit you need some support, you don't have to tell anyone else about it if that is bothering you.

I mean this as a kindness, you are not addressing the main issue. None of us can out train a bad diet, you need to find a way of managing stress and life issues without binging.

I get it, it's hard, some days all I can think about is stopping to get a kilo of chocolate on the way home from work, now I try to do other things instead.
  • Iwanttobetheoldme
    Options
    I’d ask more why the binges happen. Are you eating enough cals? Emotions? Habit?
  • tec9goo
    tec9goo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm asking if you personally would workout the legs again since it wasnt properly trained
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    tec9goo wrote: »
    I'm asking if you personally would workout the legs again since it wasnt properly trained

No.
  • Iwanttobetheoldme
    Options

I know your question. The answer is no. Let it go. Try to figure out the reason for binging & worrying over these milder work outs
  • tec9goo
    Options

I know your question. The answer is no. Let it go. Try to figure out the reason for binging & worrying over these milder work outs

My main concern isnt bringing. I'm just asking on a fitness level and strength and muscle building topic, should I retrain my legs? Regardless of whether or not I overindulged...
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options

My main concern isnt bringing. I'm just asking on a fitness level and strength and muscle building topic, should I retrain my legs? Regardless of whether or not I overindulged...

No. Training programs have rest days for a reason.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying you are, but this kind of ongoing, loaded questioning that you keep getting push-back on makes it look like you're trolling.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

It should be.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    if the binging wasn't of concern, why mention it?
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Trying to make up for a binge is always a bad idea and often the beginning of the end of a diet. Log it, forget it, and move on.
  • tec9goo
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    Trying to make up for a binge is always a bad idea and often the beginning of the end of a diet. Log it, forget it, and move on.

Not trying to make up for binging but rather a "missed" workout
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

Same thing, really. Just move on. You can never make up for a binge or a missed workout; they are just part of the process. And rest days exist for a reason, not just physical.
  • scottyaus2732
    scottyaus2732 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Your body.

You learn by mistakes more so than successes.

Give it a crack.

As a general rule if you are sore for more than 2 days you have over done it.

Body is more resilient than most people think.
  • tec9goo
    Options

Same thing, really. Just move on. You can never make up for a binge or a missed workout; they are just part of the process. And rest days exist for a reason, not just physical.

I technically rested yesterday though. I think.... and so if you say to forget about it should I just do legs tomorrow? That way they're rested? I'm supposed to do a upper push workout tmrw but I guess I'm doing legs??
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

I technically rested yesterday though. I think.... and so if you say to forget about it should I just do legs tomorrow? That way they're rested? I'm supposed to do a upper push workout tmrw but I guess I'm doing legs??

The answer is to stick with your plan. You missed a day. Given that it was all of one day, the best option would be to continue as planned - to X it off of your proverbial calendar even though you didn't do the workout.