New to MFP--Hi Everybody!

Options
Hello!

I'm a 36 year old artist/musician/writer/wife/mother of two, and I'm finally getting fit! I've been heavy all my life and I've never let it stop me from doing what I want, but despite every effort to lose the weight, I haven't been able to. I am very active-always have been. I was in sports in school, but no matter what I have been heavy. I'm learning a lot about portions though, and I never realized how much I was overeating--I was raised in the clean-plate club, and now that I am learning what portions should look like, I guess it's all starting to make sense!

So here I go! Wish me luck. My wonderful husband joined the site with me, and we are doing this together...so hopefully he will be posting in here soon!

~Carrie J. Smith

Replies

• firefightinflip
    Options
    Welcome to both of you and good luck on your journeys........both of ya'll add me as a friend if you'd like!!
  • candykay89
    candykay89 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good luck to both of you. Awesome support team.....
  • caligirl328
    Options
    Welcome to the site and congratz to you both for making this healthy change in your life :-) Good Luck, U CAN DO EEET! :-)
  • CarrieJaneSmith
    CarrieJaneSmith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I should mention, I'm from Michigan--on the wrist, near the pinkie side of the mitten :) Anyone else near me?
  • riksheare
    Options
    I'm the husband mentioned above. Hi! I'm 39, 222 (at the moment) hoping to get down to 180 to help me control my diabetes and be all svelt and sexy for my wife! :)

thanks for the support. We'll start adding people soon!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. You have come to the right place. Feel free to add me as a friend, motivator and supporter. I try to motivate and support as much as possible, but some days are to busy for me to actually be able to. All I ask is, if you are one that uses foul language in your posts, then do not add me as a friend. I do not like to hear or read foul language.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Support is so important! My son is going to do this with me. Good luck to you!
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    awwww...good to see you on here as well as your wife! I think this site will be a good motivator for all of us!
  • riksheare
    Options
    Carrie curses like a sailor with Tourette's....so, good to know!
  • CarrieJaneSmith
    CarrieJaneSmith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely true. Actually, i curse more than that.
  • SheShe1987
    Options
    Hi Carrie and "hubby"! Welcome aboard, and glad to see another couple taking on this important step together.:happy: My hubby and I are also doing this together though he started first (due to a health scare), so it got me motivated too! Best of luck to you both, and add me (if you like) when you're at the adding stage! (The cursing is not an issue) LOL
  • riksheare
    Options
    I thought about that earlier. My name is Erik. :)
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! You will find tons of info and inspiration! It's nice that you and your husband are doing this as a team. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • SheShe1987
    Options
    LOL Hi Erik!
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck in your journey.