I'm Still Fat, So I Am Back On MFP Again

Options
Just like magic, all of that weight that I lost before on MFP came back. So, a little about me. I'm 44. I work full time, sitting at a desk and crunching numbers. This is not my passion but something I happen to be good at. Since that is the case, I am also a graduate student working on my Master's in History. When I did all of this before and was super successful, I had my oldest sister by my side doing it with me and offering support. Unfortunately, I lost her to cancer last year. So, as with everything else, I am trying to navigate my way through this without my biggest cheerleader. I could use some friends that also need to lose 100+lbs.

So, that's me. :)

Replies

• HistoryNerd75
    HistoryNerd75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WOW! He was on here, way back when I did this before. LOL
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Yep. And it's gold.

Baby steps. Start with one small change. Once that change is natural, then make another small change. Huge, sweeping changes are too much, usually, and that's when we freak out and say screw it.

ETA: And my condolences about your sister. You and I are the same age. I can't imagine.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the community! <3

I'm sorry for your loss.

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

You know what you need to do. Good luck with your journey!
  • HistoryNerd75
    HistoryNerd75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Yep. And it's gold.

Baby steps. Start with one small change. Once that change is natural, then make another small change. Huge, sweeping changes are too much, usually, and that's when we freak out and say screw it.

ETA: And my condolences about your sister. You and I are the same age. I can't imagine.

Thanks!
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    My condolences and Welcome back! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!
    You can do it! 🌺