25lbs in 151 days? I can do this!

Options
Hi All! Today is the first day of my journey to lose 25 pounds of flab. I've been down this road before, but have recently taken too many detours to the kitchen to get more snacks and beer. I will be taking my horses south for 3 months this winter to train and compete. I've done this for many years in the past, but I want this year to be the best. I want to be FIT and healthy to get the most out of it. I want to be able to ride better and have a better mental outlook. I want to be confident and proud of myself, not insecure and ashamed. I want to feel good from eating good food. To be honest, I also want to WOW my friends who I haven't seen for a couple of years. They're all younger than me and I want them to look at me and hope they can be as strong and energetic when they're my age.

Goal: lose 25lbs before Feb 1, 2020
Exercise plan: run 3x/week (signed up for a 10k training group that starts in a few weeks and just finished up a 5k group), swim 2x/week, 2 weight sessions/wk, ride as much as I possibly can (I only have 1 that is ridable right now, but I have friends willing to let me ride their horses). Yoga a few times a week to keep balanced. It sounds like a lot, but since I only work part time, I can focus on this full time.
Diet: NO BEER! It leads to bad decisions and stored FAT! I'm already vegan, but I eat more junk food than I care to admit. I am going to make a meal plan each week and stick to it, regardless of what junk my husband is eating.
Motivation: vision board, pictures of me when I was fighting fit, pictures of idols, daily weigh ins.

If you've read this, I thank you. But this is for me. A reminder of my goal and plan. I'm ready. I'm excited to take control. I've got this!

Replies

• geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi All! Today is the first day of my journey to lose 25 pounds of flab. I've been down this road before, but have recently taken too many detours to the kitchen to get more snacks and beer. I will be taking my horses south for 3 months this winter to train and compete. I've done this for many years in the past, but I want this year to be the best. I want to be FIT and healthy to get the most out of it. I want to be able to ride better and have a better mental outlook. I want to be confident and proud of myself, not insecure and ashamed. I want to feel good from eating good food. To be honest, I also want to WOW my friends who I haven't seen for a couple of years. They're all younger than me and I want them to look at me and hope they can be as strong and energetic when they're my age.

Goal: lose 25lbs before Feb 1, 2020
    Exercise plan: run 3x/week (signed up for a 10k training group that starts in a few weeks and just finished up a 5k group), swim 2x/week, 2 weight sessions/wk, ride as much as I possibly can (I only have 1 that is ridable right now, but I have friends willing to let me ride their horses). Yoga a few times a week to keep balanced. It sounds like a lot, but since I only work part time, I can focus on this full time.
    Diet: NO BEER! It leads to bad decisions and stored FAT! I'm already vegan, but I eat more junk food than I care to admit. I am going to make a meal plan each week and stick to it, regardless of what junk my husband is eating.
    Motivation: vision board, pictures of me when I was fighting fit, pictures of idols, daily weigh ins.

If you've read this, I thank you. But this is for me. A reminder of my goal and plan. I'm ready. I'm excited to take control. I've got this!

Darn right you can do this!!! On May 16, 2019, I weighed 281lbs at my last Dr. appt. I was less than a month out from second side hip replacement surgery (first side done in January). Today September 3rd, I'm nearly 25 pounds lighter. That is 110 days! It was actually fewer days because it wasn't until late June before I was doing regular and more consistent exercise. I got back on MFP about 10 days ago to help me along. I am looking to "floor" my Dr. at my November appt with weight loss and insanely good lab results. Best of luck to you!!
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Awesome that you're ready to get started!
    Have you been exercising before now? Because honestly that sounds like a lot and I'm tired just reading it. :) You don't want to set huge expectations for yourself then get discouraged if you can't do it. It's good and okay to start small.
    Do you have a food scale? It will be very important for your meal plan so you know what you're really taking in.

Check out this post for a lot of good info:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • 3greyhorses
    3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    So, this post from last year is a good reminder and motivation for me. Nothing about this year has panned out as planned. I did go south, but the farm I was at took a direct hit from a tornado and the Rona caused all shows to cancel. I've had injuries and depression. I have not stopped drinking beer and I'm still overweight. It has been a really tough year for several reasons. After being on crutches for about a month, I lost a lot of muscle. However, I've started walking and swimming again and the depression seems to have lifted. I had been walking and swimming before my injury, but it just wasn't fighting the depression at all. I finally feel that I'm in a good place mentally and it's time to focus even more on my physical health.

My goal this time is to lose 15lbs by the end of the year.
    I can't run right now because of my injury and my back isn't strong enough yet, but I walk 45 minutes every single morning and swim 5x/week. I haven't been able to ride since my injury, but I started yesterday so that's exciting.
    The number one thing I need to do though is to fix my diet. Time to get out the food scale!
    Today is a new day and I feel good and am ready to commit. Now off I go on my walk!

• The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @3greyhorses You can do this!! Remember that it's a marathon and not a sprint. 1 day at a time.