Weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• tanyy256
    tanyy256 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Outside of a plan that amputates a limb or is the result of you finding a magic lamp with a genie inside it is time to start thinking realistically about your health and fitness and stop treating it like it is a nuisance to resolve with a month of effort.

Well said..thank you for the reply...I shall lose weight with a proper diet,exercise and a healthy approach now.
  • tanyy256
    Options
    Ok, so let’s break it down to numbers so you can see how ridiculous it is!

Disclaimer: my maths is sometimes a bit iffy, so apologies in advance if I get this wrong, but this is how I think it works!😂

I’ll have to work in pounds rather than Kg because I’m older and British...

8Kg is equal to 17.6 pounds, so let’s say 17.5 for ease of numbers.

Each 1lb lost is equal to a 3,500 calorie deficit.

September has 30 days.

17.5 divided by 30 (being the weight you’d need to lose per day) = 0.58lbs

0.58lbs x 7 which gives you a weekly weight loss of 4.06lbs per week

Dropping the .06 because I’m now confused with the maths, that’s still a deficit of 14,000 calories a week. Which even I can divide by 7 to get back to a daily deficit of 2000 calories.

Your TDEE is 2,022 according to the calculator I’ve just used set as sedentary. So, you’ll basically only be able to eat any calories you burn via exercise. 🤷‍♀️ but you’ll have done the exercise and haven’t eaten anything to allow for just breathing, heart beats, brain function, digestion, liver function, kidney function, blinking...getting out of bed, showering, dressing..etc etc!

Damn...that was really insightful!!
    I shall aim towards losing weight with a proper routine which will have a proper diet to exercise ratio.

Anyway thanks 🙂
  • tanyy256
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    In my opinion, it wouldn't be a safe expectation to lose that much in a month.

Again, who is the challenge for?

I was getting mad about my weight ,so now ,I shall lose weight in a proper manner not through something like I mentioned in my question
    Thanks🙂
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    tanyy256 wrote: »
    Please don't do this to yourself. No 'challenge' is worth it.

I shall lose weight in a healthy way ,in a span of 3 months now...

With your stats even that is on the aggressive side. To do this without negative health impacts you're looking at a time frame closer to 4 months at a minimum but closer to 6 or even 8 months isn't out of the question.

This isn't a race. There's no prizes for getting there quicker than is sensible and in fact when you try to go to hard and fast you're more often than not just speeding towards failure.

Slow down, take your time, do it properly.
  • sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    tanyy256 wrote: »
    Ok, so let’s break it down to numbers so you can see how ridiculous it is!

Disclaimer: my maths is sometimes a bit iffy, so apologies in advance if I get this wrong, but this is how I think it works!😂

I’ll have to work in pounds rather than Kg because I’m older and British...

8Kg is equal to 17.6 pounds, so let’s say 17.5 for ease of numbers.

Each 1lb lost is equal to a 3,500 calorie deficit.

September has 30 days.

17.5 divided by 30 (being the weight you’d need to lose per day) = 0.58lbs

0.58lbs x 7 which gives you a weekly weight loss of 4.06lbs per week

Dropping the .06 because I’m now confused with the maths, that’s still a deficit of 14,000 calories a week. Which even I can divide by 7 to get back to a daily deficit of 2000 calories.

Your TDEE is 2,022 according to the calculator I’ve just used set as sedentary. So, you’ll basically only be able to eat any calories you burn via exercise. 🤷‍♀️ but you’ll have done the exercise and haven’t eaten anything to allow for just breathing, heart beats, brain function, digestion, liver function, kidney function, blinking...getting out of bed, showering, dressing..etc etc!

Damn...that was really insightful!!
    I shall aim towards losing weight with a proper routine which will have a proper diet to exercise ratio.

Anyway thanks 🙂

For weight loss, tgere is no "proper diet to exercise ratio", just a sensible calorie deficit. Exercise is great for health but not necessary for weight loss.