Counting calories without a scale

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    Based on all your other threads I’m concerned for your overall well being. Your approaches are drastic and dangerous. I’ll tell you what, how about you axe all the crazy “diets” and plans you posted about , just eat in a slight calorie deficit every day and I’ll amazon prime you a scale for free? I would be happy to pay forward what this community has taught me

Awwwss, so nice to read this <3
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You cannot measure accurately, but you can make guesses. Then based on what happens after a few weeks, if you are losing too fast or too slow, correct your guesses in one or the other direction.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Honestly, using a food scale is the easiest and most accurate way to track your intake and the 15 or 20 bucks you'll spend to get one will be the cheapest investment in your health that you'll ever make. <3
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Honestly, using a food scale is the easiest and most accurate way to track your intake and the 15 or 20 bucks you'll spend to get one will be the cheapest investment in your health that you'll ever make. <3

For those of us who are extremely lazy, it's the best! I despise cleaning peanut butter out of a measuring spoon. ;)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »

For those of us who are extremely lazy, it's the best! I despise cleaning peanut butter out of a measuring spoon. ;)

Just wondering, how do you get it out of the jar in the first place? I’m as lazy as the next person, but I dislike any additional items I have to clean, ie: the food scale.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »

Just wondering, how do you get it out of the jar in the first place? I’m as lazy as the next person, but I dislike any additional items I have to clean, ie: the food scale.

No avoiding getting a knife dirty, but put jar of pb on scale, tare scale, scoop out what you want with knife, note the -grams.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Honeyacid wrote: »
    Based on all your other threads I’m concerned for your overall well being. Your approaches are drastic and dangerous. I’ll tell you what, how about you axe all the crazy “diets” and plans you posted about , just eat in a slight calorie deficit every day and I’ll amazon prime you a scale for free? I would be happy to pay forward what this community has taught me

Offer still stands if you come back to your thread

Thanks but I just bought a scale from walmart for like $15. But thats for your offer.

Alright. Good luck. Keep it simple. Small daily calorie deficit. Everything else is majoring in the minors or will lead to adherence issues and binging or straight misery