No cardio SMH

I started a new 12wk workout and nutrition program. First phase is muscle building strength training , no cardio and eating more calories than I have been. I understand building muscle and taking in more calories . No cardio can’t wrap my head around that. Should I add some cardio to my workout, Do cardio on my days off, or just trust the program.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Why no cardio?
  • pez37
    pez37 Posts: 44 Member
    Thanks everyone for taking time and sharing your thoughts and advice.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    pez37 wrote: »
    My goal is lose weight in a healthy way. The program is a Transform your body in 12wks program. Could lose up to 30-40 lbs and 15-20 % for size if followed right .

This is contradictory; losing 30 lbs in 3 months is not healthy unless you're morbidly obese. Stack on building muscle? Come on, man!

Focus on losing weight. Retaining muscle is going to be ideal. Continue your strength training, but make time to jump on a bike for an hour.

A lot of building programs require a caloric surplus and-if followed properly-don't suggest working out beyond the program. Ideally if you follow the program properly you'll gain muscle and weight while taxing your body to the point where adding workouts (cycling) will prevent you from completing your program.

You need to lose weight. Then you can build.
  • We all need to keep our hearts pumping strong. Take a stroll around the block or do a few chores around the house.