UPDATE, IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED

Replies

• scottyaus2732
    scottyaus2732 Posts: 67 Member
    I’m struggling to work out the real issue here, not that surprising as the author appears unsure as well.

The real cause for my concern/confusion is were you state you want to drop your BMI before seeking help and before your dad gets there.

Is the problem not with an already to low BMI.

Just in case the simple hasn’t been stated. Have to tried peptides or sarms that boost hunger to insane levels. Used by people trying to gain mass. Otherwise known as hardgainers in the physiques game.
  • I think it’s a shame mfp closed the account. I wish her well.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I know the OP, her account was closed down by MFP.
    She's going to see the mental health team after her father's visit ends. She's gained 3lbs since he arrived 12 days ago.

Thanks for the update. I am kind of glad that MFP closed her account though as it would not have been doing her mental health any favours, but instead feeding an addiction. I wish her the very best in her recovery.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    That is so sad. I really hope she gets the help she needs, urgently.
  • janeypoosandbob
    janeypoosandbob Posts: 85 Member
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    I know the OP, her account was closed down by MFP.
    She's going to see the mental health team after her father's visit ends. She's gained 3lbs since he arrived 12 days ago.

Those 3lbs (+ a bit more) are gone now.
    She'd been growing her hair for 2.5 years after losing it all through chemo. It grew back curly and really thick but over the last 6 months it was falling out at an alarming rate. She had it all cut off last week, down to a pixie crop, because it was so thin. That was a bit of a wake-up call for her. She's really trying to maintain or gain but it's a struggle for her.

VLCDs are NOT a good idea especially if you already have abad relationship with weight/food.

I really wish I had see this thread sooner. Can you please share this link with her? While professional help is crucial in over coming eating disorders so is support from people who don’t judge and understand. EDA saved my life. There are online meetings she can attend from anywhere to connect with others trying to recover from eating disorders, some with many years in recovery. http://eatingdisordersanonymous.org/online-meetings/

That's a great link @SCoil123, I've passed it on to her. Thank you 🤗

She's still really struggling but has made an appointment for 11th October with the mental health team. Hopefully she'll keep this one 🤞