Craziest PMS symptoms?

Jessamine
Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
What are the craziest PMS symptoms you've ever experienced? And a follow up question: is there something you've done health-wise to alleviate or eliminate your PMS symptoms? I'm always hoping consistent exercise and healthy diet will help me out a bunch, but no luck yet.

My crazy symptom lately has to do with my thought-life. I'll find myself remembering a bunch of my embarrassing/mortifying moments from my past, which then leads to a significant amount of self-loathing.

Replies

• reikochan24
    reikochan24 Posts: 22 Member
    Aloha, i'm new to this. I've had my period for 18 years but only just now discovered Midol and i'm 30! My friend just told me about it. my mom never really told me about it. I just assumed moms would naturally tell you about that stuff. if i told her about it, she would say i never asked. but sex and girl talk has always been a hard topic with my mom. I don't get bad cramps. My PMS symptoms are bloating. Yesterday it got to the point where i couldn't even wear a panty. thanks, Jess in Hawaii
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I have ideas
  • _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member
    Not sure if it's a symptom but I've acted like a raging animal before my periods before.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Uhm, my bathroom habits change. That's it. I also have IBS, so that probably plays into why the hormonal changes affect the digestive system the way they do. But I don't rage out or get massive migraines or anything. TMI, I know.. but you asked.

I do however end up taking a bunch of naps the week of, leading to my known status as secretly being a cat. :laugh:
  • caco_ethes
    I was once trying to make whipped cream (I don't have a hand mixer so I was having to just use a whisk and my own brute strength) and I had FINALLY gotten that *kitten* to the "low peaks" consistency but then I added another ingredient for what I was making and it just completely fell flat. I was so *kitten* mad, I have never been that angry while making anything before in my entire life and I was whisking so vigorously and so angrily that I was making a mess but I finally got it to come back.

Pie making syndrome.. i used to get that all the time
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    no pie making syndrome but:
    hot flashes
    ibs flare
    tingly legs
    runny nose
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Nothing crazy... I just bloat so much I literally look pregnant then I cry and cry and cry 😑

I have been told I get really mean too but I beg to differ 😁
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I tend to sign up for dating sites. Then delete my profile a week later when the symptoms are all gone
  • caco_ethes
    I tend to sign up for dating sites. Then delete my profile a week later when the symptoms are all gone

Okay that is awesome that you pinpointed the cause and effect 😅
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    I'm an honest to gawd physco a week before. I bloat. The night before I'll be insatiable 😉. I probably send a bunch of mixed signals to my significant other. I eat everything in site.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    i get hungry, pick fights and make it look like the other person’s fault
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    i get hungry, pick fights and make it look like the other person’s fault

That sounds like a regular Tuesday to me.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    The only symptom I get around that time is headaches. I have migraines and they usually occur during this time.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Disney movies make me cry and bubblegut is a thing.
  • weatherwoman94
    weatherwoman94 Posts: 14 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yelling into the phone while I'm filling up my car with petrol (apparently it's really dangerous). I have more issues with strangers over nothing. Everything pisses me off
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Nothing too much. I’m nicer than I am any other time of the month, but a little needy.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    I bloat like a balloon. Argue with everyone including the cat. I also cry inconsolably at adverts about donkeys in need. It's a wild ride.
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    I get very tired. So I’m up around 4 am for the day to workout, get some time to myself before the family wakes up. I’m also a bit moody. My oldest daughter has 2 chronic illnesses and her symptoms drive me nuts just before my period- I mean having to care for her. It’s not her fault but sometimes it leads to apologies and hugs.