Soda Free September - anybody with me?

Options

Replies

• candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    Wish I could join this one with you, but I don't care for coffee or tea so my one daily diet dr pepper is how I survive the day after waking up who knows how many times a night to care for my newborn. At this point, it's a matter of survival. I've gone soda free before so I know I can do it again, just need to be ready.
  • traceyj3
    traceyj3 Posts: 13
    Options
    Count me in too, I've reduced my soda, but not eliminated it yet. This may be the kick i need to stick with it! I could definitely use that $ elsewhere too. :)
  • gogirl212
    Options
    Great idea! I'm in :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Been drinking more diet coke recently as I don't drink tea or coffee. I've been reading loads of bad stuff about fizzy pop as we call it lol. Am I still allowed to drink sugar free cordial though? Zara
  • cmalas80
    Options
    I'm in as well, I'm semi-addicted to caffeine so I'll have to go the tea route, but I do have that guilty feeling after drinking a diet soda as well, sodium and aspertame aren't that good for you, also a big $ saver as others have said!
  • cdibble1959
    cdibble1959 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does sparkling water count as soda?
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I will join ya! Since June, I have cut my soda drinking to one Sprite per month....I will skip my sprite for the month of September.
  • Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    SO excited to see the response on this! And thanks for the support from those who have already gone soda-free!

So I think my leftover Hurricane Irene soda stash at home which should last me through Wednesday and then come Thursday September 1, the challenge begins!
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been battling an addition to Pepsi since I was a kid. Maybe I can kick soda for good!!! Good luck everyone
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    You got me. I will do it at some point- may or may not be Sept because I have some travel but I have been thinking about it for a while. I get migraines and I am kind of sick of having them and maybe getting rid of the aspartame will help. A lot of people say it does- but you guys are right it will be a killer.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm glad someone else drank as much soda as i used to! I cut back drastically this bast week and have been making iced tea (2 bucks for 100 bags...can't beat that) but i eventually want to stop drinking it all together so i will go in with you!
  • Emdog24
    Options
    Alrighty - the countdown is underway! Tomorrow starts a month of no soda! I've been mentally preparing myself and I've purchased some crystal light to make at home and brought some 4c half and half lemonade/iced tea 0 calorie(!) packets to work.

How are you guys preparing? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts!
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    My friend posted this yesterday and it says it well and ties into what your trying to do and proud that you are....it is empty calories and poison to your body besides the added cost. If your going to drink something then make sure it is a superhealth drink that feeds your body with mega nutrients.

She wrote this: I'm sorry if this sounds callous, but if you are on a "diet" and still drinking "diet" soda, I have two words for you ..WAKE UP!!

Best of luck to you on your Sept. challenge and anyone that would like to friend me for some positive food for thought and health tips is welcome too Colleen
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think the last time I went a month or more without soda was when I was in bootcamp; many years ago!

As far as preparing (takes sip of his diet soda) I am going to try the crystal light thing. I still need to determine what else I can drink that will also be lower in calories.

Hopefully more people will post up because I need some ideas!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I drink at least 2 20 oz diet pepsi a day! At work they are only $1.30, but that adds up quickly. I've already given up buying coffee, but sometimes I grab one from the front office (free), and I quit drinking and smoking, so this is my last vice! AND IT HAS ME GRIPPED!!!!!!!
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I usually get 32oz diet sodas from the gas station...usually 5-10 per week! I don't drink coffee or tea, so it will just be water or Crystal Light from now on.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Terrific idea, Emily. I'm in! I'm not a big soda drinker but I do consume it sometimes. The more I read about diet sodas and their adverse health impacts, the more I want to just eliminate it from my diet altogether.

See what you started?? :-) Many thanks.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I am soda free all year long! I didn't enjoy giving up my soda, but my doctor had me do it years ago. If it doesn't' help my goal, it hurts my goal. Water might be boring but it is best for me! Cheaper, too! Okay, I have maybe 3 - 4 a year!
  • Emdog24
    Options
    Day One peoples! I just got to work and have my water, my morning coffee, and crystal light to go packs to get me through the day!

Good luck to everyone today!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I went soda free in July, had a few in August, but I'm ready to drop soda (and iced tea) for September!