Language

Options
Hi,
does anyone know, why MFP is in english, even though I set the language to "german"? This problem I have since a few weeks. For the diary it is not very important to me but in the forum I prefer my own language...

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Look up above your post^^ Click the drop-down button for your preferred language. The Deutsch button is working for me.
  • Kati_OH
    Kati_OH Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Uh, how embarrassing. :#B) Haven´t see it here. In the diary I choosed german and it is still english....
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Kati_OH wrote: »
    Uh, how embarrassing. :#B) Haven´t see it here. In the diary I choosed german and it is still english....

Don't be embarrassed. The forums are less intuitive than one would hope. I don't know how active the German forums are compared to the English ones.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Is that only visible on the website? Not seeing it on the app.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Is that only visible on the website? Not seeing it on the app.

This ^^^^
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You must be on the app.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    I didn't see it on a quick search of the app, but it's not something I've tried before from there. I typically use the website for the forums, since I find it easier to type in more thorough responses. I suspect that if you go to the website and make the changes there, they should carry over to the app. I know it does for hiding the boards I'm not particularly interested in seeing.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    And for something different....

I use the website on my iPhone and can change language by going to settings on my home page.

The language (tried French and Chinese, can’t read German) carries through to the forums.

Cheers, h.
  • Kati_OH
    Kati_OH Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I only use the app for the diary sometimes, the forums I read and type on the website, that´s easier for me.
    Am I still in german forums, when I change the language? I guess not. Interesting....
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Kati_OH wrote: »
    I only use the app for the diary sometimes, the forums I read and type on the website, that´s easier for me.
    Am I still in german forums, when I change the language? I guess not. Interesting....

No, each language has it's own forum.