I lost 15 pounds but it doesn't look like I lost even 1?

Options
http://tinypic.com/r/2n80jkk/7

I started my weight loss journey at 150 pounds. I have lost about 15 pounds in total so far. Today when I logged in I was at 100 days. But I really don't see where I've lost any weight. The number on the scale keeps going down but I still see the same 150 pound girl that I was before.

Replies

• JMM_623_
    JMM_623_ Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Your stomach, arms and face are smaller. You're doing great...keep up the good work :)
  • nll002
    nll002 Posts: 18
    Options
    Have you asked anyone else if they notice a difference? I had lost over 30 lbs before I felt like I could notice anything in the mirror, but friends and family were telling me all along how great I was looking. Sometimes we are our own worst critics. It takes a long time to stop seeing the "fat girl" in the mirror, even when she's not there anymore! Check out how your clothes are fitting you; do you notice a difference there? That usually makes me feel better!
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I feel the same way a lot of days. I look at before and after pictures and I can see a difference but not when I look at myself in the mirror. I was at 215 and am down to 157lbs.
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way having lost 20 in total! I don't know where it went! But other people notice, I'm sure others notice you too. Congrats on losing 15 pounds!
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Are your clothes fitting a little better? When I lose it's always in my face and chest first, then my legs (near my ankles) before any place else. My stomach, thighs, and arms (basically the spots I want gone) are the last to lose.
  • jackieb79
    Options
    did you take measurements before you started the weight loss? If so, take your measurements again now and see if there is a difference. Sometimes it's hard to "see" the difference in ourselves because the change happens gradually. someone who may not have seen you in a while would be more likely to be able to notice the difference.
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    You look much more toned and you can definitely see it in your face. You have a build like me. Sometimes it's hard to see the weight loss change, but it's there. Listen to what other people say, and take your measurements instead of stepping on the scale. There is a difference, but we all have a different build to our bodies.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I can definitely tell a difference in your arms and legs. And I'm sure people who haven't seen you in a couple months will see you and notice a difference. Keep up the good work!!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You definately look like you've lost. I can tell in your shoulders, arms and stomach. Don't be too hard on yourself... because you can end up defeating yourself. You're doing great :)
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I also struggle to see a diffenance in photo's at the moment I've lost 25lbs so far, but I also measure myself, hips, waist, upper arms and thighs so I can see the inches coming off :)
  • Finney88
    Finney88 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat. I started at 150, have lost about 18 lbs, and at 132 I still feel like I look the exact same. It's really disheartening.
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    You wont see you losing weight...you see you everyday, therefore its very hard to tell. However, others like us can. If your scales are going down but your confidence is not going up it maybe worth looking at why.

xx
  • ji225
    ji225 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Can def see difference in arms, legs , and stomach, as others have said - so keep up the good work. I think it's harder for you to see because you see yourself in the mirror everyday, and it takes a while to adjust - don't worry you will notice - have you been measuring too?

Jenny
  • pam4413
    pam4413 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Trust your clothes and your scale not the mirror. The mind can do strange things especially if we are insecure about our weight.
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I looked at your pics and definitely your face is slimmer and I can totally see your waist shaping in. Don't get discourage, continue doing what you are doing, you are on the right track.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    http://tinypic.com/r/2n80jkk/7

I started my weight loss journey at 150 pounds. I have lost about 15 pounds in total so far. Today when I logged in I was at 100 days. But I really don't see where I've lost any weight. The number on the scale keeps going down but I still see the same 150 pound girl that I was before.

I see a difference in you all over. It sometimes takes a while for the mind (eyes) to catch up with what we physically see.

I have lost almost 50 pounds since February and I didn't notice the difference until around my birthday, which was at the end of July.............

Even though the clothes I am wearing is a smaller size I did not see it when I looked in the mirror.