How many calories does everyone eat?

Options
Hey I wanted to know how many calories everyone eats? I'm around 185lbs and looking to lose. Is anyone near the same weight and have advice to lose?

Replies

• MoKaaz
    MoKaaz Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I was at 174.5lbs 5'4" and eat 1200 calories per day with a sedentary lifestyle. I lost 15 pounds in the last 5 months now at 159lbs. I just suggest weighing all your food, logging everything (yes even that one small biscuit you had while making dinner) and getting some friends (online or in-person) to lose weight with you. Keep motivation is the hardest part of weight loss.
  • kathyloveslife
    kathyloveslife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Thats helpful. Did you ever hit a plateau?
    MoKaaz wrote: »
    I was at 174.5lbs 5'4" and eat 1200 calories per day with a sedentary lifestyle. I lost 15 pounds in the last 5 months now at 159lbs. I just suggest weighing all your food, logging everything (yes even that one small biscuit you had while making dinner) and getting some friends (online or in-person) to lose weight with you. Keep motivation is the hardest part of weight loss.

• MoKaaz
    MoKaaz Posts: 162 Member
    Options

I did around the beginning when I wasn't too serious about my weight loss, once I got motivation it pushed me to actually focus on it which helped me get back to losing. But everyone is different so what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't know lol I don't keep track
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options

Fluctuations and plateaus are a normal part of the process, so don't worry about it. Give a plateau time to break, at least 3 weeks, before you make changes.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options

You don't know how many calories you eat?
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I can highly recommend the libra app(free). It shows normal fluctuations and trends. As well as the advice you have already been given above.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    The amount of calories one can eat is heavily dependent on overall stats and activity level.

What are your goals?
    What rate of loss did you choose?
    What is your regular activity level like?
    Do you exercise?
    What calorie target does MFP give you?
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    I'm a bit lighter than you and a lot older but my calorie goal today to maintain weight is 4,524 calories.

Which underlines @LyndaBSS post - don't worry about what other people have as their goal, my advice would be work out a sensible goal for yourself using this tool, log consistently, fully and as accurately as reasonably possible and then make adjustments after a month if you don't get the results you expect.

4,524? WOW, I assume 1524?
  • FireyChimera
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

You don't know how many calories you eat?

Yep you got it! I don't keep track of it or measure anything
  • FireyChimera
    Options

Just here for the banter then? [/quote]

Yep! I am all about being healthy and love to interact on the forums and have friends here <3 Very active on here lol
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 45 years old. Started at around 230 lbs eating 1410 calories (give or take 100).

Current weight around 185, upped calories to 1689 (give or take 100), still losing.

Goal weight is around 165.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’0”, 127 lbs, 37 years, and I eat around 1500 most days.

On some days I eat more especially if I’m very active. Some days I eat less. I have been maintaining for a couple months. I’m going into slow loss mode again soon.
  • kathyloveslife
    kathyloveslife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 45 years old. Started at around 230 lbs eating 1410 calories (give or take 100).

Current weight around 185, upped calories to 1689 (give or take 100), still losing.

Goal weight is around 165.

Thanks! Did if benefit you to up the calories? Do you think I could get away with losing at 1300? Or should it be higher
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, 159lbs, goal weight 130lbs. Currently breastfeeding and losing at a rate of between 0.5-1lbs a week eating between 2000-2500kcals on Mon-exercise days and about 2800kcals on exercise days (I don't burn a lot. Haha). I'm cleaning and running after a toddler all day on my non-exercise days.
    When I wasn't breastfeeding and working a sedentary job (only running after the toddler in the evenings and weekends) I maintained the same rate of loss at about 1550kcals on non-exercise days.
    So completely up to your stats, activity levels and circumstances. No one size fits all! 😊