How to change daily calorie amount

How do I lower my suggested daily calorie amount please?

Replies

• mbonacci12
    mbonacci12 Posts: 72 Member
    You can just go to goals and click Edit.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    If you’ve input your details in the set up process it should have given you the appropriate goal to lose at the rate you selected.

Have you been eating at that level long enough (at least 4 weeks) to think it’s set too high? I guess I’m just wondering why you’re wanting to lower your calculated calorie amount?
  • jennyrosecox56
    jennyrosecox56 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you. I know I have a slow metabolism. It suggested that I have 1500 calories a day. I only it for two weeks though. :(
    First week I lost and second week I didn’t.
    So have lowered it by 200 calories to 1300 to see if that makes a difference.

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited September 2019
    Thank you. I know I have a slow metabolism. It suggested that I have 1500 calories a day. I only it for two weeks though. :(

If you lost the first week, I agree with above comment, give it more time. Weightloss is a slow progress. With a lot of fluctuations on scale. And I see a lot of people in here who want to lose their weight right now, and don't consider future loss, future plateaus or future maintenance.

The problem with lowering so quickly especially with metabolism problems, is when you hit real plateaus and if you want to drop calories again, not leaving much wiggle room for future.

200 is a big drop, if already experienced a loss consuming 1500, but still really want to decrease, could try dropping at smaller increments like down to 1450.

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    If you're doing your own thing rather than rather than following the recommendation then it doesn't matter if the app says you should eat 1300 calories or 3000 calories since your body only knows how many calories it's been given and has no idea how many calories the app 'says' you should aim to eat.

So if you think you should only be eating 1300 calories a day then eat 1300 calories a day.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member

Losing 1 week and not the next is not unusual. Weight loss isn't linear. There are lots of reasons for fluctuation.

What happens (inevitably) the first week you don't lose weight at 1300?