Whats Your Fit List?

Options
What do you do?

Dancing - I go dancing sometimes clubs sometimes classes
Running- Kinda a half jog power walk thing
Hot Yoga - Every weekday

I think theres a bunch of stuff I want to do- surfing, skiing, rock climbing, hiking etc

Any unusual activities that get u sweaty??

Replies

• LilyStrong
    LilyStrong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    -5am Bootcamp 6days a week
    -SUP only in Summer months
    -Yoga sometimes
    -Hike (for work, photography related)
    -Kayak in Summertime
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I think theres a bunch of stuff I want to do- surfing, skiing, rock climbing, hiking etc

You'd think the challenge with rock climbing would be doing pull ups all day, but it's actually mental. The ancient reptile part of your brain gets scared we've you look down sometimes, and seizes up. Then you remember your on a rope, and push through the fear, continue upward. Turns out it's mostly about personal growth.

Nordic skiing is fun, and winter is beautiful.

Hiking makes you appreciate things like water you didn't have to filter yourself. It's humbling, in the best way.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Nothing unusual ... just the usual stuff ...

-- Walking
    -- Running
    -- Hiking
    -- Cycling inside or out
    -- Rowing (inside)
    -- Climbing stairs (real ones)
    -- Pilates

And occasionally cross country skiing, snowshoeing, canoeing, swimming, yoga ...
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Monday : sprints with trainer
    Bench (plus accessories)
    Circuits

Tuesday : stair workout with trainer
    Zumba
    Shoulders/arms
    30-35min run
    Insanity
    Boxercise

Wednesday : long run
    PiYo

Thursday : 30min with trainer
    : recovery run
    : squats
    : tabata
    : barbell

Friday : 60min with trainer
    : 30-60min run
    : total body conditioning (legs bums tums and arms)
    : deadlifts

Saturday: 30min run
    : bootcamp

Sunday : short run 1-2miles
    : active rest

As you can probably guess I'm primarily a runner, probably run one race a month and then saturday is my rest day.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,083 Member
    Options
    Right now (because the weather's not below freezing yet ;) ), 4 days a week of on-water rowing, two days of spin class, one rest day, with random other fun stuff interspersed in there when the opportunity arises.

Winter has less total volume: Still the spin classes, some rowing machine but not as much as on-water, and I try to mix in some other activity for variety (swimming, lifting, walking, whatever).
  • Pricklypineapple422
    Options
    -Rock climbing 2-3 days per week
    -Running 3 days per week (short runs ~3 miles, long runs 5-7 miles)
    -Hiking
    -Body weight workouts
    Weight lifting 1-2 days per week
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Run 2-3 days a week.

Weight lifting 4 days a week.

Yoga once a week.

Kick boxing once a month

I also walk everywhere all the time. I don't drive. So I get roughly 18000-22000 steps a day.
  • oceangirl99
    oceangirl99 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow everybody on here impresses the heck out of me!
    3 days/week run (I would like to work up to 4 days/week)
    ~5 days/week 35 minute hike with dogs
    ~ 2 days/week resistance training (I would like to do 3 days/week)
    I try to walk 2X/day during my 15 minute coffee breaks - but this usually only happens a few times/week
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    30 minute morning stretch 3-4-5 times a week
    Run 3 times a week
    Walk 4-6 times a week, usually at least four miles
    Yoga (half hot, half not) 5-7 times a week
    Pilates (hot) 3-4 times a week
    Personal trainer with weights 2 times a week
    2019 steps average is over 15,000 but is on the way up since we lost our dog and I don’t have to worry anymore about offending him by walking without him. Like @WandRsmom I also walk everywhere I go, including to yoga, barbell gym, and various volunteer gigs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Monday - Weight Room
    Tuesday - AM ride
    Wednesday - Weight Room
    Thursday - lunch ride
    Friday - Weight Room
    Saturday - Long ride
    Sunday - Open day...hiking with the family, ride, family ride, rock climbing, or nothing at all.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,083 Member
    Options
    I try to walk 2X/day during my 15 minute coffee breaks - but this usually only happens a few times/week

I don't disagree (speaking to the bolded), but two things to keep in mind:

1. Most people won't post on a thread like this unless they're proud of their workout schedule, or at least feel that it's respectable. ;)
    2. It's extremely likely that the majority of people replying didn't start their current routine 3 weeks-ish ago. (Some might have started yesterday, feeling committed and enthusiastic, but they may not be sustaining it long term - I'd hope for the best, but we'll see ;) ); many have worked up to a particular workout schedule gradually, over quite a period of time. There will be a few exceptions, of course.

I have to admit, while I do post on threads like this, I do worry that some people who are newer to exercise will feel somewhat inadequate when the read the whole thread. In reality, they should be proud of starting gradually on a realistic workout schedule that's manageable and energizing now, and that can be expanded as they become fitter and figure out what kinds of activity work best for them.

I don't have the most impressive workout schedule here by far (far!), but still, it's something I worked up to over a period of years (started being regularly active in about 2001-02).
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

1. Most people won't post on a thread like this unless they're proud of their workout schedule, or at least feel that it's respectable. ;)
    2. It's extremely likely that the majority of people replying didn't start their current routine 3 weeks-ish ago. (Some might have started yesterday, feeling committed and enthusiastic, but they may not be sustaining it long term - I'd hope for the best, but we'll see ;) ); many have worked up to a particular workout schedule gradually, over quite a period of time. There will be a few exceptions, of course.

I have to admit, while I do post on threads like this, I do worry that some people who are newer to exercise will feel somewhat inadequate when the read the whole thread. In reality, they should be proud of starting gradually on a realistic workout schedule that's manageable and energizing now, and that can be expanded as they become fitter and figure out what kinds of activity work best for them.

I don't have the most impressive workout schedule here by far (far!), but still, it's something I worked up to over a period of years (started being regularly active in about 2001-02).
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I myself have worked up to this over the last 18 mths. ( With the exception of the walking, thats been the last ten years or so)so, I agree. Everyone needs to renember not to compare. Do your own thing and work towards building it up at your own pace.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Rowing 5 days a week outside (that will move to twice a week in a month or so when it gets too dark to be out early in the morning)
    Cycling 3 days a week inside using a specific plan
    Goal is to row once a week inside this month but so far that hasn't happened - I'm not especially sad.
    Yoga twice a week will start in a month

Once rowing outside goes down to twice a week, I'll be rowing inside 3 days a week. I'm also hoping to get back into rock climbing in the fall/early winter if I can make it work financially and time wise.

I get one to two rest days a week at the moment. I need at least one to be really functional and have no shame in taking two.
  • deetucker70
    deetucker70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Lifting 5 days a week (because I love it😊)
    Running 3 days a week (because I love food😆)
    SUP on spring/summer weekends (because it’s relaxing)
    Tennis once a week (because it’s fun)
    SUP yoga when the water is still enough😊

I’ve been running about 3 years, the heavy lifting I’ve been doing for 13 months. I’ve got a lot of time on my hands due to being a stay at home mom who’s kids have all moved out!
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    CrossFit 5x a week, netball once a week, parkrun, run club and one longer run when the weather is good. Another CrossFit session when it’s bad out until I get my treadmill. Walk the dog for 45 minutes twice a day and at home yoga even I can.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Krav Maga classes 3x/week, running/sprints 1-2/week, lifting 1-2/week (I try for 2, but often fail). Daily dog walks but they’re not all that long.
  • hrvojecavar25
    hrvojecavar25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Soccer training 5 times per week, and resistance plus weightlifting 2 times per week, sometimes swimming, diving, nature walk