So confused!?!?

Soooo I am cutting because I’m going on a cruise! I’ve dropped my calories from 2,500 to 2,100. I’m doing 30 minutes of cardio 4 days per week plus weight training 4 days a week. Yet my body weight is increasing. What should I do?0uv9u6tv2lxi.png

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    If the weight training is new, you are retaining water weight, which will mask fat loss. Nothing wrong with that, have more patience. The only other thing I would recommend is to review your logging to make sure no inaccuracies are sneaking in there. Take some measurements and keep taking pictures, and go by feel of clothing for the next several weeks until the water weight shifts (could take 4-6 weeks).

Yep!
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Are you averaging your weigh-ins to determine what your weight is? Your day-to-day weight can vary significantly depending on salt and carbohydrate intake, for example, because both those can cause water retention. In order to accurately assess your weight you really need to weigh yourself every day at the same time and use a running average.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    I know the photos are three months apart but how long have you been following the diet and exercise plan for?
  • Kingdodd24
    Kingdodd24 Posts: 7 Member
    So this is a updated pic as of last night before a work out. I’m in great shape but that extra 5lb isn’t budging n3up0fa4jg5m.jpeg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    Eat less - if you aren't losing weight after 3 months you aren't in a calorie deficit.

Logging your food every day might help.

And using a food scale if you are serious about dialing it in.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10697068/how-i-stopped-kidding-myself/p1
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    do you weigh every bite you put in your mouth?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Maybe I’m crazy, but I’m looking at your pictures, not your weight. Are you more defined, smaller waist? Heck with weight!
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Eating and drinking more than 2100 calories a day