Its not me, its YOU

pizzamyheart
pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
I'm sure you've all been told at some point in your life, by a well meaning person, that "Its not you, its me". Well, maybe thats true, or maybe its not. More often than not in a day, don't you find yourself thinking, Its not me....its YOU!!!! ?

For example...grocery bag breaks and the contents spill all over the parking lot....so i think, its not me, its YOU about the bagger who decided to try to squeeze two big square freezer pizzas into one little plastic bag.

So...what are some of your Its not me, its YOU situations?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Honestly, I can't think of a single one. But your story reminds me of why I use my own bags at the grocery store. 😉
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Your right it is YOU! lol
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    When people are rude, bitchy or general *kitten* to me I think, "its not me, it's you, this is a 'you' problem, and I'm glad you are a miserable *kitten*, 'you' deserve it"
    ...then I feel bad and think what may be going on in their world for them to behave (whatever) way.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Last summer as I packed to go north up to the cabin I proudly packed all the things into the back end of my car. Impressed that I got it all in! I needed to make one quick stop on the way out of town and I ran into the grocery store to grab what was needed, came out opened up the back end of my car and watched the 4 bottles of wine jump out and land on the parking lot asphalt, splattering their contents all over me and the world. The ladies parked next to me who watched all happen with a horrified look on their face offered to buy me more wine. I loved them. Still do in fact.

This has nothing to do with the subject of this thread, but everything to do with the contents of your original post. So....you know...justification for my random thoughts which aren't random at all turns out.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    When I go to certain hipper than thou restaurants or coffee shops and the workers act like my simple order is such a burden to prepare and serve.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Unbeknownst to me, and through no fault of my own, a can of diet coke was rolling around my passenger side floor after sitting in the heat all day. It exploded while I was driving and I thought I was being shot at. All I can think is Pepsi would have never done this to me.

*kitten* coke, man
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Unbeknownst to me, and through no fault of my own, a can of diet coke was rolling around my passenger side floor after sitting in the heat all day. It exploded while I was driving and I thought I was being shot at. All I can think is Pepsi would have never done this to me.

OMG.. that happened to me too! Only it was a whole case. lol..I pulled over looking for broken glass and damage and when I saw the coke all over the back window I knew what happened. LOL 😱
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    smantha32 wrote: »

OMG.. that happened to me too! Only it was a whole case. lol..I pulled over looking for broken glass and damage and when I saw the coke all over the back window I knew what happened. LOL 😱

Maybe we're living parallel lives :D

If that's the case, please have life experiences that are less scary. thanks. LOL
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member

Shouldn't you blame whoever left that can in your car?
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Its not me, I'm not the one who views life as a black cloud of acid rain, thats you. I always have an acid proof umbrella ready to go.